Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Does anyone else start at the bottom?

(19 Posts)
phoenix Wed 09-Oct-19 21:24:53

Evening all, good wishes etc.

Just wondering if it's only me, who when going to the "active" bit, scrolls to the bottom first, to see what might be about to sort of "drop off"?

I kind of want to see if there is anything of interest that I may have missed, or something that I could usefully reply to (admittedly, those are very few blush)

Just wondering!

Urmstongran Wed 09-Oct-19 21:39:09

Gosh phoenix I must be the complete opposite! I don’t click on ‘active’ (too many threads to see and I spend far too much time on here already!). I just see what’s in the ‘Last Hour’.

arosebyanyothername Wed 09-Oct-19 21:45:29

Good evening phoenix ?
I’m a last hour kind of person too. Haven’t tried the active option, maybe I will.

kittylester Wed 09-Oct-19 21:54:57

Ooh, I always do active first but start at the top.

MawB Wed 09-Oct-19 21:57:28

No, but I do often start reading newspapers and magazines from the back.

EllanVannin Wed 09-Oct-19 22:07:01

Active---current here too. I usually have a little titter as well because the " health " section fills up pretty quickly-----must be the age thing and I think of Cissie and Ada at the surgery, courtesy Les Dawson.

Marmight Wed 09-Oct-19 22:08:29

I go to I’m On then Active and start at the bottom, see what it’s all about and then go to the top and work my way down. I’ve been on GN since the start and didn’t know there was a Last Hour. shock Where is it?? I mostly read papers & magazines backwards too

Marydoll Wed 09-Oct-19 22:17:31

I always read LastHour and read from the bottom!

Auntieflo Wed 09-Oct-19 22:34:44

Gosh Phoenix, never thought about starting at the bottom.
I go to Active, then Last day, then Last hour, then I'm on, starting at the top.
But like MawB, I often go to the back of a magazine first.

BlueBelle Wed 09-Oct-19 22:50:46

I just always go to last day and start at the top

Gonegirl Wed 09-Oct-19 22:52:03

I go first to "I'm on" and then to Actives.

I read each thread latest post first, which does mean sometimes I have to "flip" to find out what the OP is about.

grannyactivist Thu 10-Oct-19 06:45:16

Me too Pheonix I start the day on Active, reading from the bottom up, but thereafter I skim read from the top down as those are the fastest changing threads.

shysal Thu 10-Oct-19 07:40:22

Watched first then Active, reading list from the top. I use bookmarking facility so I am taken to the last post I have read on a thread. If I visit fairly soon after on the same day I use Last Hour.

Susan56 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:44:07

I’m a last hour person too.Might be on here all day if I go to active!!

Calendargirl Thu 10-Oct-19 10:01:51

I always go to Active, but am quite disappointed if it’s the same threads as I looked at previously. Sometimes I look at Last Day as I then see something interesting that I may have missed because it wasn’t very popular. Also look at Forums to choose for the same reason.
My DH grumbles when he sees me on here, says I am as bad as the grandchildren!

BradfordLass72 Fri 11-Oct-19 05:51:49

I've never gone to Active.
As I live in the future, I read GN when you are all asleep so usually go to 'Last Day'.
I ignore all the political threads and those to which I've already contributed. Don't often go back to a thread unlees I'm interested to see how the "problem" worked out, as with dear Annsixty and Luckygirl, as both were in my mind constantly.

I usually look for posts I haven't yet seen and which have less than 20 replies; contribute to the Limericks and that's it really.

By the time the UK is stretching, yawning and looking forward to a new and brilliant day, NZ is thinking about hot chocolate and a good book before bed.

By which time, I've laid my eggs in GN and like all the best cuckoos, abandoned the nest grin

BBbevan Fri 11-Oct-19 06:18:22

I do I'm on , first. Then Last Hour , top to bottom, then Last Day, bottom to top. I also read magazines back to front, but I thought that was because I am left handed

Nico97 Fri 11-Oct-19 07:11:27

I do Last Hour during the day but do Active when I'm wide awake usually around 3.00 am. Always done top down but now I'm going to try bottom up, makes more sense grin

Maybelle Fri 11-Oct-19 08:13:52

I usually do last hour, and start from the.bottom. Often read magazines and newspapers from the back.