Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Daft question?

(10 Posts)
giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 06:48:02

Today, I checked into Gransnet via my smartphone, instead of my desktop, for the first time.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to sign in?

tanith Thu 17-Oct-19 07:44:04

I use my phone if out and about and keep myself logged in. I just looked and I couldn’t see anywhere to sign in and can’t remember if I ever had to to be honest. A bit confusing .

Pittcity Thu 17-Oct-19 08:23:29

If you try to post and you are not already signed in you will be asked to. If you aren't asked no need to worry.

ninathenana Thu 17-Oct-19 08:47:46

I only ever use my phone and am permanently logged in.

giulia Thu 17-Oct-19 09:52:42

I tried to post a message and then posted it. Ok, but nothing appeared on the thread I was posting to,

I wanted to use Gransnet with my smartphone in order to post a photo (which one reader kindly explained to me how to do).

ZoeGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 17-Oct-19 11:06:50

Hi giulia

Just to check - have you managed to log in successfully? If you tick the 'stay logged in' box when you sign in this will help with posting and when you come back to the site at a later date.

Let us know if this doesn't work and we'll look into this further smile

giulia Fri 18-Oct-19 05:52:29

ZoeGransnet

I have logged in (on my desktop computer) and ticked 'stay logged in'.

giulia Fri 18-Oct-19 05:56:27

ZoeGransnet - so do I first have to open Gransnet on desktop before I can text on smartphone?

Am I right in that there is no "sign in" on the mobile site?

ninathenana Fri 18-Oct-19 07:13:28

To answer your first question giulia no you don't have to have Gransnet open on your desktop. I don't have a desktop or laptop, as I gave the laptop to my son. I do everything from my smart phone. I am permanently logged in to GN and just click the icon on my opening page.

ZoeGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 18-Oct-19 13:11:48

Hi giulia

ninathenana is right - you don't have to have GN open on your desktop to log in on your phone. There is a sign in on the mobile site. You should see a 'sign in' box at the top right hand side where you can log in. If you tick 'Keep me logged in' then you'll be able to stay logged in. Hope that helps but let us know if you have any more problems smile