Gransnet forums

Site stuff

GNHQ - Personal Messages

(8 Posts)
Patsy70 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:03:41

I have just found a very old personal message, which I hadn't received a notification about. Also, where can I find the PMs that I have sent? I'm still finding my way around this site, and it can be very frustrating! Hopefully, you can help. Thank you in anticipation.

tanith Sat 18-Jan-20 17:08:15

I don't get notifications either. Go to your inbox on the right top is an arrow if you click that you will see sent messages

Patsy70 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:37:05

Thank you so much, Tanith, that worked a treat! smile

MaizieD Sat 18-Jan-20 17:44:43

Once again can I mention that on the desktop site there is absolutely no indication at all that one has a new PM. I came to Gnet via Mumsnet, where the inbox icon is starred if you have a new PM. Don't quite understand why it can't be done on Gnet.

tanith Sat 18-Jan-20 19:34:05

It used to be the same here MaizieD but no longer

Charleygirl5 Sat 18-Jan-20 20:31:52

I am informed each time somebody sends me a PM. I have no idea why I am one of the chosen few.

There were many months when zilch happened and then it appeared again. I find it very useful because my birdbrain forgets to open the box to check.

trisher Sat 18-Jan-20 20:37:57

Check Settings and you should be able to tick a box saying you want e-mail notification. Mind you I've got it and I still don't get any notification!

Greenfinch Sat 18-Jan-20 21:25:05

I use the desktop site and always get notification( well so far anyway )