Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Deletion of threads - explanation to be visible for 24 hours

(12 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Sat 14-Mar-20 20:02:04

If you remember the name of the thread , if you search for it , once deleted you get a little message .

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 14-Mar-20 19:49:43

You can also search your browsing history to find the thread. smile

seacliff Sat 14-Mar-20 17:26:05

Eazybee I should have put a question mark at the end of the title. I was struggling to fit it all in.

eazybee Sat 14-Mar-20 17:12:07

I thought the title of the thread meant that a decision had been taken by GNHQ to inform posters and give a reason.

Obviously not.

Marydoll Sat 14-Mar-20 17:12:02

If you have already posted on the thread before deletion, the link will still be visible if you click on, I'm on.
If not, type in what the deleted thread was called, ( if you can remember) in the Search GN facility and the URL will display.

seacliff Sat 14-Mar-20 17:06:04

I don't understand where it would appear?

Once you'd deleted it. No one could see them yesterday morning, once they'd been zapped.

Baggs Sat 14-Mar-20 16:48:14

What does "go back onto the URL of the thread" mean when a thread has disappeared? Where, for instance, would I find the URL for this thread if it were to be deleted in five minutes time?

Does it mean one would have to look at one's browsing history? Or something else?

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 14-Mar-20 16:32:36

seacliff If you go back onto the URL of the thread, you should be able to see it at the top of the page.

seacliff Sat 14-Mar-20 16:29:18

Yes but it isn't visible when the thread has gone, is it?

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 14-Mar-20 16:20:37

Hi both,

There is a deletion message that appears on the page when a thread has been deleted, which gives information, where possible, why the thread was removed. Thanks for your suggestions though - we will take this on board. smile

BlueBelle Sat 14-Mar-20 09:30:10

It is only polite if you to tell us why a thread or even a post is deleted then we can be sure we know your over stringent rules saying it breaks our rules means diddly squirt
It never ceases to amaze that a thread that was about strippers or call girls or something similar some time back stayed up for four or five days after numerous reports but other things are gone with a bang within minutes
a) we don’t need micro managing we re old enough to sort ourselves out unless it really really gets out of hand then a reminder should be enough and
b) give details of what is out of order please

seacliff Sat 14-Mar-20 08:35:37

Good morning GNHQ. Yesterday there were several threads deleted very quickly by you, on at least two different subjects. I was half way through a post when it vanished.

You put some sort of explanation on the thread to say you'll be deleting it very soon, then Poof - it's gone.

It is a bit discombobulating for us old Grannies. Tends to make us think we were seeing things. I know that I wasn't the only one a bit confused yesterday. Can I ask please that you keep the name of the deleted thread visible on the forum somewhere, and just add your reason for deletion, and then remove it entirely after, say, 24 hours? It would be helpful. Thanks.