Gransnet forums

Site stuff

the " say how you're feeling thread"

(5 Posts)
Greymar Sun 22-Mar-20 17:44:05

so much worry, would it be possible for HQ to set up some sort of messaging service. This is off the top of my head but it could be manned by volunteers and HQ staff. I can think of loads of people on here who have great experience and wisdom, probably some are qualified counsellors.

Can't HQ set up a messaging service? Please consider it. Organisations who respond in an innovative and person centred way now will reap benefits later.

eazybee Sun 22-Mar-20 18:04:15

It would need to be private messaging. You can't have personal feelings discussed in front of an audience; imagine the damage some comments would cause.

Greymar Sun 22-Mar-20 18:09:41

Of course, of course. That's what I mean. There must be some safe way to set this up.

SarahCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 23-Mar-20 10:00:19

We really like this idea, but it's a complex one and for now PMs is probably the best way forward for those who don't want to post about this on the threads. These are hugely difficult and unsettling times for us all, and consequently we will all have days when we feel more wobbly than others. We know that so many of our users have already been hugely helpful to others. GNHQ.

Greymar Mon 23-Mar-20 11:00:54

So does that mean, you are actively working towards some sort of of messaging service please?

I really feel concerned about people.