Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Trust the Ad's?

(10 Posts)
Namsnanny Mon 13-Apr-20 17:11:37

I have adverts on here for a company called NewChic.

Has anyone used them before?

I remember there were some ads from disreputable companies, I just wondered if this was one?

Their bras are lovely!!!

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 13-Apr-20 17:20:32

Google the reviews of New Chic, they are dire.

MerylStreep Mon 13-Apr-20 17:26:28

Namsnanny
One of those I campaign against on FB.

MerylStreep Mon 13-Apr-20 17:32:59

There's a thread on FB called NewChic victims. I've been banging on about these adds on GN for months and months.
Please, everyone who is tempted by these glossy pics and cheap prices ignore

grannysyb Mon 13-Apr-20 19:56:43

Generally look at Gransnet on phone where I have ad blocker installed.

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 15-Apr-20 21:57:50

Hi all,

If you come across any ads that look suspicious please email us at [email protected] so we can look into it for you. smile

BlueBelle Thu 16-Apr-20 05:17:33

Yes I ve used Newchic and they were good I bought a very nice top it arrived fairly quickly and was reasonably quality very pretty it is too
I haven’t read any reviews I ll see if I can find a picture of the last top I bought

M0nica Thu 16-Apr-20 14:06:43

When I queried these GN. You told me they were google ads and nothing to do with you.

However, there was a thread on GN about them some months ago and they were universally panned for quality and the difficulty, no, impossibility of getting a refund if you are dissatisfied.

I must say I have tried to capture and save photos from the adverts as fashion ideas and possibly making something similar myself, but no luck.

sodapop Thu 16-Apr-20 14:48:29

I tried Newchic just once, the clothes came from China. The service was dreadful but the tops were fine. There is another firm called Eva's Kiss doing similar clothing, has anyone tried that ?

Doodledog Thu 16-Apr-20 15:23:10

These firms advertise on Facebook too, and as fast as one of them is removed another pops up.

I haven't bought from them (although I find the ones with the fair isle items and felted handbags are very attractive), but according to the reviews the patterns are printed onto cheap fabric, rather than knitted in, as they appear, and the returns process is complicated and prohibitively expensive.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, and think it is a definite case of getting what you pay for.