Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Weird Pm

(17 Posts)
Galaxy Tue 09-Jun-20 15:12:18

Anyone else getting weird PM from username Snroyusa, it's a spam email asking me to deposit moneygrin. Just a warning.

Callistemon Tue 09-Jun-20 15:37:25

There's another thread about this, Galaxy
Yes, a few of us are the chosen ones!

silverlining48 Tue 09-Jun-20 15:50:47

Yes it’s just arrived in my inbox too. Apparently a great deal of $ are on their way. Reported and blocked I hope. Dr Roy is who to look out fir. Is it that easy for someone to send this sort of rubbish as a private message?

Graygirl Tue 09-Jun-20 16:29:11

Got one to is there person at gransnet to inform report to

Jaycee5 Tue 09-Jun-20 16:37:43

Graygirl You can go to the bottom of the page and send a message from their contact page, or you can go to their facebook page and send a PM. I don't think you have to address it to a particular person. Just put something like Scammer in the subject line.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 09-Jun-20 16:41:43

I've got one too. I'm not very good with technology Graygirl but I think I saw a box you can press called 'report' by the top of this missive.
Sadly yes, it would seem so silverlining - I believe that I could just press the Private message box at the top of each post by your name and send something to you but no promises of money! Well I could promise. I hope no-one falls for this.

MiniMoon Tue 09-Jun-20 16:50:34

I have one too. Strangely worded. I don't think anyone would fall for such an offer.
If it seems to good to be true it probably is too good to be true.

Sar53 Tue 09-Jun-20 16:53:19

I received one too. deleted it immediately.

ninathenana Tue 09-Jun-20 17:45:28

I never receive these. I know it happens now and then but I always get left out. smile

MrsEggy Tue 09-Jun-20 17:51:12

Yes, I had one, didn't read it

Grammaretto Tue 09-Jun-20 17:51:45

I have had 2 and reported them to GN HQ.
How do these get through?

EllanVannin Tue 09-Jun-20 18:13:26

I've just blocked the pleb.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 09-Jun-20 18:22:37

Thank you all for reporting the message and letting us know about this. We've dealt with it now but if you spot anything similar in future please do let us know. smile

Galaxy Tue 09-Jun-20 18:33:24

Sorry didnt see duplicate thread. Thanks Lara.

trisher Tue 09-Jun-20 18:34:40

I thought this was another thread about Boris!!!

Witzend Tue 09-Jun-20 18:41:05

Me too.
You do have to wonder who on earth thinks, ‘Goodness, how kind of him to ask me!’ and gets sucked in/scammed.
I suppose some people must, or they wouldn’t keep sending them.

Elegran Tue 09-Jun-20 19:07:59

Grammaretto They get through because someone joins GN just like any other poster, and neither Gransnet nor your PC can tell what they are going to say. Report them to GN, who will deal with them. They don't know your personal email address, they can only send messages to your GN inbox, from which a message arrives from there to your own mailbox to say that a poster with the username of XXXX has sent you a private message. You can only read the message if you go to your inbox.