Gransnet forums

Site stuff

‘Mobile site‘ option has disappeared for me.

(33 Posts)
SueDonim Wed 09-Sep-20 17:37:59

I usually read GN using the mobile site option. It’s suddenly reverted to the standard site and now I can’t find the mobile site option, which used to be right at the bottom of the page.

I’ve tried logging out and back in but that hasn’t worked. Any ideas? Thanks!

rosecarmel Fri 18-Sep-20 13:09:36

And it's back to Mobile ..

rosecarmel Fri 18-Sep-20 11:55:33

This morning default is desktop, no options, no privacy settings-

As far as fixing what isn't broke, my guess is gransnet needs to generate money from ads-

This debacle began after privacy settings were tweaked-

JackyB Fri 18-Sep-20 08:41:18

BlueBelle

Exactly and without that option I cannot clean up my newsfeed which is full of games I want to get rid of
I m staying on mobile which is fine but without changing to desktop how can I clean the newsfeed up ???

I can't do it in desktop mode and change to mobile mode on my laptop to delete threads. So if I tell you how to do it on the mobile site, can you show me on the desktop site?

At the top right of a thread there is a little white "v" (or downwards arrow) in a little red square. This opens up a menu with, among others, the command "hide discussion". Click on that and the thread is no longer included when you return to Actve.

As for the techies knowing how to code -that isn't even necessary as they simply have to reinstate the code that was there before. As I said in the other thread - why fix it if it ain't broke?

rosecarmel Fri 18-Sep-20 03:22:33

Bump

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 17:40:02

LaraGransnet

Hi all, this is a glitch but yes our tech team is working on it. If you do want to switch in the meantime these links should help:
Desktop: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=desktop
Mobile: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=mobile

In future please do email us on contactus if we haven't responded on a thread like this. Or report it to us. We don't read every thread so it's easily missed. Thank you! smile

I thought it would be convenient to carry the above Link over to the next page-

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 17:33:30

Imagine that .. This morning was solely Desktop, no options, no privacy settings, and this afternoon it's back to solely Mobile, no options, Privacy Settings options have reappeared-

What's lovely is that the ads are barely noticeable .. almost tiny in size .. No, it's not my device- Ads are only tiny on this host site- smile

annep1 Thu 17-Sep-20 14:59:22

I can't get desktop, which I prefer.

Lisagran Thu 17-Sep-20 14:54:36

Bump

BlueBelle Thu 17-Sep-20 13:53:42

Exactly and without that option I cannot clean up my newsfeed which is full of games I want to get rid of
I m staying on mobile which is fine but without changing to desktop how can I clean the newsfeed up ???

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 12:31:42

This morning the site is set to desktop- Not optional- Its the default setting- There is nothing below the Shortcuts Menu, no option to choose Mobile or Desktop, no Privacy Settings-

Lisagran Thu 17-Sep-20 07:14:49

Bump

BlueBelle Thu 17-Sep-20 07:03:30

It’s ridiculous isn’t it Rosecarmel My news feed now has nearly all games in it which I don’t want to use and want to clear out ???
I really can’t understand how something like this isn’t manageable 10 days and counting for a ‘glitch’

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 03:45:47

For me, the options disappeared September 5th .. (I think)

10 days .. to fix a bug ..

But who is counting?

smile

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 03:41:02

The Links section is to the right of the Smileys section and below Emphasis .. smile

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 03:38:13

LaraGransnet

Hi all, this is a glitch but yes our tech team is working on it. If you do want to switch in the meantime these links should help:

In future please do email us on contactus if we haven't responded on a thread like this. Or report it to us. We don't read every thread so it's easily missed. Thank you! smile

Hi, how big/little (qualified) is your "tech" team? smile

Maybe one of them (might know how to write code) could add the links to the "Links" section below -- rather than having to hunt down this thread .. smile

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 15-Sep-20 20:15:33

maddyone Tue 15-Sep-20 19:45:11

If only we could swop Varian.

varian Tue 15-Sep-20 19:03:32

This has also happened on my mobile. I prefer the desktop site so why not make it available?

Lisagran Tue 15-Sep-20 18:51:57

Helloooo, GNHQ, can you hear us? Can you fix this please?

maddyone Tue 15-Sep-20 18:41:31

And me still unable to switch from desktop to mobile. Crazy.

Lisagran Tue 15-Sep-20 17:49:09

Still not able to switch from mobile to desktop....... hmm

BBbevan Sat 12-Sep-20 16:08:06

Same as Lilolil I use my kindle and can’t get the desktop site anymore

BlueBelle Sat 12-Sep-20 05:38:53

www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1284238-Now-I-ve-lost-something
This is where hq answers are

rosecarmel Sat 12-Sep-20 02:01:58

The change for me occurred after the Privacy Settings update- Where the Desktop/Mobile option was located, at the bottom of the page, there's only the Privacy Settings feature-

Also, there is no way to Sign out/Log off- The button/option to do so is gone- I have to close the browser to do so- If I don't .. I get followed, and ads for the sites I've visited show up at the top of the page, the bottom, and in between posts in threads-

On my laptop, I've only desktop- On my phone and tablet, only mobile-

maddyone Wed 09-Sep-20 23:22:29

I’m another one. My email has changed to the standard site and I want to use the mobile site. It used to be at the bottom of the page but it’s not there now. It’s extremely irritating.