Gransnet forums

Site stuff

I have just noticed this in my Inbox tab. ?

(107 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 17-Sep-20 19:56:09

I've just noticed a little bell on my Inbox tab.

I swear it wasn't there before, or am I just going doolally? I thought perhaps, it was a new facility to show I had a PM, as we previously got a little red dot on the tab, but sadly, I didn't have one. sad.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Doodle Sun 20-Sep-20 19:54:48

Miss Doll if you don’t have a bell you can’t ring it. Miss Charley has a ding a ling she might let your borrow. If she’s not already worn it out ?

Marydoll Sun 20-Sep-20 19:34:32

Pittcity, I have now deleted all my unread PMs, thanks to your tip and THE BELL HAS DISAPPEARED!
Problem solved.

If you have an unread PM, the bell appears.

Pittcity Sun 20-Sep-20 17:32:16

On desktop GN, which is impossible to switch to, there is a drop down menu in your inbox which has the choice of unread posts... Mine was from the beginnings of GN when life was simpler.... Read it and the bell disappeared.

Grandmafrench Sun 20-Sep-20 16:47:18

Hells, bells, gels. Who'da thort that Pantglas, woomun of mistry and intuhnashnul travel/Spain & Wails is so expeeryensed!

I got no bell. I cunsidda it's all todo wiv Miss Mary's Erkaddamee fur Young Laydees - witch never offurd me a skollership so I got no males from her place, so no bells as well. Spect when Munndys hear, shel getit sawtid. She nawmerly dus. Sheez egsserlent and 'pewta litratt, so doan stress abowt bells.

Pantglas2 Sun 20-Sep-20 16:33:21

Ooh you are norty gurls Squiffy and Doodle! When I was doing my Cycling Proficiency, maintenance was an important part of the test.

I went to the Bike Shed so the boys could show me how to pump things up and lubricate things......and how to make sure I was in the right position for a comfortable ride.... and how to stop if I was going too fast, without falling off ?.

‘Course, I passed with flying colours....

Charleygirl5 Sun 20-Sep-20 15:23:25

Sqiffy I have and that is sufficient.

Squiffy Sun 20-Sep-20 15:19:00

pantglas I hop MissDoll hasn’t red yor post, yooll be in SO mutch trubbel! ?‍♀️

Doodle Sun 20-Sep-20 15:12:06

pants ? ?. That’s norty ?

ninathenana Sun 20-Sep-20 13:04:37

I rarely get PMs so was quiet excited to see the bell and assumed it was notification of a new message but my last PM was 6.9.20.
However, I hadn't read it blush so thought perhaps that was why it was there. Having read the message I still have the bell.
BTW I'm on mobile site

Pantglas2 Sun 20-Sep-20 11:48:55

It’s been a while Doodle ?..... wonder if I’d get a Stiffgit for Cycling Proficiency based on my experiences of the Bike Shed......?

Doodle Sun 20-Sep-20 11:41:58

The only time you get caught in the brambles pants is when youz wiv doze boys. ?

Fernbergien Sun 20-Sep-20 11:38:01

I discovered a bell on another site. It seemed that the bell was permanent but when they wanted to give info a number (1) would appear and then go when message read. Of course I may not be right..

Pantglas2 Sun 20-Sep-20 11:29:20

Miss Charleygirl is right Doodle! You’d be leading me into the brambles of delinquency if we were in Skool ?

Charleygirl5 Sun 20-Sep-20 11:27:26

Doodle it is a good job this is the weekend. You will be dealt with when school reopens.

Doodle Sun 20-Sep-20 11:24:05

Miss Charley I’m glad you’ve still got your ding a ling. ?

Charleygirl5 Sun 20-Sep-20 11:14:34

I no longer have any unopened PMs, having found an ancient one and deleted it. I still have my bell.

Pollyperkins I mentioned earlier there are the haves and have nots- you should know which category you are in.

Doodle Sun 20-Sep-20 11:11:40

Can be a snack or a game of cards Lucca but knowing Chewy, we’d both prefer the snack......and a ? To go with it. ?

Doodle Sun 20-Sep-20 11:09:54

Pants if you answer woz rite I ope you got a stiffgit.?

pollyperkins Sun 20-Sep-20 08:17:31

No! I don’t have a bell! Why not? I feel left out! ☹️

Lucca Sun 20-Sep-20 08:11:43

Doodle

Chewy snap. ?

Is that a kind of snack ?

Pantglas2 Sun 20-Sep-20 08:08:44

Interestingly, I had a bell so went into Inbox and trailed through all the PMs and found two unopened from Miss Marydoll back in the Maffs Klass days.

I’d guessed the right answer to the day’s question and her ‘Yes’ was in the Subject header so I’d obviously not opened that PM. When I opened them, the bell disappeared! Problem solved.

Marydoll Sun 20-Sep-20 08:08:06

I think my bell may be working. I found loads of unopened, but read PMs from MissMarydoll's Maths class, since I could read the answers without opening.
I deleted the lot, but still have a bell.

Somewhere in the distant past, I must have an unread one, so it looks as if I may have a permanent bell, as I can't locate it.☹️
I bet you are all jealous.?

Lovetopaint037 Sun 20-Sep-20 02:49:00

Oh! I want a bell. Why have I been left out?

Doodle Sat 19-Sep-20 22:51:46

I’ve got a bell too. Yeah!! ?

SueDonim Sat 19-Sep-20 18:33:58

Ding dong, Avon calling!