Gransnet forums

Site stuff

All OP posts in green on thread?

(21 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

lsa2 Sat 17-Jul-21 12:07:07

Is it possible to have all OP's posts highlighted in green throughout the whole thread, rather than just their first one, in the same way they do on Mumsnet please?

Greenfinch Sat 17-Jul-21 12:11:36

Surely they are already.

sodapop Sat 17-Jul-21 12:36:44

We have had this discussion many times. For some of us OP posts are highlighted in green throughout and our own posts in pink/purple. I think it depends which site you use, mobile or desktop and which device.

muse Sat 17-Jul-21 13:08:05

On GN following OP posts are never green on my iPhone or my MacBook Pro laptop.

Wish OP posts were green throughout. It would stand out that they’ve replied or commented further about their OP.

timetogo2016 Sat 17-Jul-21 13:12:47

Always green on my laptop.

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 17-Jul-21 13:46:52

Only the original OP is in green on my PC and ipad, we’ve been asking for years for all OP and later additions to be in green, never likely to happen now.

BlueBelle Sat 17-Jul-21 13:51:28

This must be brought up every few months
No they aren’t and no they wont be HQ doesn’t believe in listening to any of our asks the same question has been asked time after time
Only the original question is green on my iPhone and my iPad but mine own are pink throughout

Blinko Sat 17-Jul-21 15:39:43

BlueBelle

No they aren’t and no they wont be HQ doesn’t believe in listening to any of our asks the same question has been asked time after time
Only the original question is green on my iPhone and my iPad but mine own are pink throughout

Same here.

Grannybags Sat 17-Jul-21 15:49:05

As has already been said this comes up time after time but to no avail.

Only original OP in green for me too

Lucca Sat 17-Jul-21 15:51:57

BlueBelle

Same for me

Lucca Sat 17-Jul-21 15:52:31

GNHQ. Are you listening ?

JulieNoted Sat 17-Jul-21 16:02:04

BlueBelle

Ditto. I access the site, using both the mobile and the desktop formats, via my iPhone, my iPad, my Windows laptop and my Apple iMac. Every single platform is the same - green for just the OP's first post, not their following ones, and pink for all of my posts throughout the thread.

I am genuinely puzzled that some members report having different results to this confused

Greenfinch Sat 17-Jul-21 16:49:26

My very old I phone highlights all the OP's posts in green and I must say this is indeed very helpful.

BlueBelle Sat 17-Jul-21 17:49:42

So HQ if some can and most can’t, can we all have the same facility

NotSpaghetti Sat 17-Jul-21 17:53:55

@gnhq surely this is easy to sort. Please have a word with your tech team.

Neither my android phone nor my iPad have the green repeated when the OP adds a comment.

Grannynannywanny Sat 17-Jul-21 17:56:11

I’m on a 5 year old iPhone and all posts by OP are green throughout the thread.

NotSpaghetti Sat 17-Jul-21 19:26:09

I wish mine were!

DiscoDancer1975 Sun 18-Jul-21 11:57:20

It’s annoying isn’t it? I just get the original in green too. Not difficult to do I would have thought.

DiscoDancer1975 Sun 18-Jul-21 12:00:03

Just looked at my smart phone, which I hardly ever use for gransnet, and all OP posts are green on that!

NotSpaghetti Sun 18-Jul-21 13:13:56

Yes, all the Original Posts are green on mine too BUT the further posts by the person who made the first post are plain white.

Some people have all comments made by the thread originator in green.

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Aug-21 18:17:20

Hi all

We really appreciate the feedback and will pass it over to our tech team. flowers