Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Has anyone on GN got the right to give private information about you?

(593 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Fleurpepper Mon 12-Dec-22 17:02:28

Surely not. People on GN should have the right to anonimity, unless they choose to divulge any private information, be it about profession, locality, ethnicity, or whatever.

Secondly, should any information given in a PM be fair game to share to other members? Surely not.

Iam64 Mon 19-Dec-22 15:41:56

Doodledog

I must admit I am starting to get Pancraftcurious, but I was assigned Bicraftual at birth 😢

I identify as a monocraftual knitter. I have to re-learn crochet after even a short break of a year. Knitting I can just return to, providing its not fair isle or anything else that overwhelms mt crafty abilities

GrannyGravy13 Mon 19-Dec-22 15:08:13

I haven’t knitted or crocheted for over 40 years.

I am now tempted to trawl craft websites for bargains in order to kick start my pancraftual inner self.

Watch this space 🤣🧶🪢🧵🪡

Blossoming Mon 19-Dec-22 15:03:15

Can you sew Smileless?

Smileless2012 Mon 19-Dec-22 14:06:13

I'm craft curious too but I'm hopeless at knitting and can't crochet so think I must be noncraftualsad.

FannyCornforth Mon 19-Dec-22 13:51:58

I’ve been thinking about it.
And I’m definitely craft curious smile

Doodledog Mon 19-Dec-22 13:44:58

I must admit I am starting to get Pancraftcurious, but I was assigned Bicraftual at birth 😢

Ailidh Mon 19-Dec-22 13:39:49

Pancraftualism has always appealed to me but in fact I identify as a monocraftual crocheter.

Blossoming Mon 19-Dec-22 13:28:57

FannyCornforth

Blossoming

I’m pancraftual grin

You saucy mare!

Yes Fanny, I’m a crafty trollope grin

Farzanah Mon 19-Dec-22 13:24:41

Wanted.
Recruiting now for emerging, organic, hand crafted and hand wrapped dishcloth business.
Only experienced and expert aged crafters need apply. This is a minimal wage social enhancement employer, seeking ‘ol crones at a loose end, looking for a useful and exciting opportunity to earn pin money.
Only top applicants will be selected for interview as demand is bound to be huge.

Doodledog Mon 19-Dec-22 13:00:24

I'm a craft-inclusive miserable crone. Bi, Pan, A - all crafters are welcome under my banner if they don't try to push out the others. All needles/hooks are equal

Anyone passing through Wigan can call in at the truckstop any time. If you bring Extra Strong Lager and your knitting, you'll be made welcome wine.

Oreo Mon 19-Dec-22 12:54:58

I’m noncraftual as a rule but make exceptions for the right person.wink

Oreo Mon 19-Dec-22 12:52:55

Doodledog

Yes, I'm a bicraftual knitting crocheter with a passing resemblance to Miss Marple, as well as being a miserable old lady who calls out bullying on social media when she sees it.

Or am I Gavin, a 27 stone trucker from Wigan with a drink problem and an interesting tattoo?

You decide. . . .

Hi Gav!
I like chunky men so can I come round and see your tatt tomorrow night? Get the beers in!😍

FannyCornforth Mon 19-Dec-22 12:46:35

Blossoming

I’m pancraftual grin

You saucy mare!

Blossoming Mon 19-Dec-22 12:45:28

I’m pancraftual grin

Blossoming Mon 19-Dec-22 12:44:25

You’re not Gavin, he told me he never uses social media. Of course he may be fibbing.

FannyCornforth Mon 19-Dec-22 12:41:46

I’m acraftual sad

Doodledog Mon 19-Dec-22 12:38:21

Yes, I'm a bicraftual knitting crocheter with a passing resemblance to Miss Marple, as well as being a miserable old lady who calls out bullying on social media when she sees it.

Or am I Gavin, a 27 stone trucker from Wigan with a drink problem and an interesting tattoo?

You decide. . . .

Callistemon21 Mon 19-Dec-22 11:53:29

Doodledog

Here's a self-portrait on a dishcloth. The scope for creativity in crone crochet groups is infinite. Actually, this one was probably made in a nana knitting group - many of us are bicraftual.

Here's a self-portrait on a dishcloth

You do realise we all know instantly who you are, Doodledog?

You've outed yourself! 😲

Oreo Mon 19-Dec-22 11:44:21

Doodledog

Here's a self-portrait on a dishcloth. The scope for creativity in crone crochet groups is infinite. Actually, this one was probably made in a nana knitting group - many of us are bicraftual.

Bicraftual?
Doesn’t matter what gender you self ID as on here😃

Oreo Mon 19-Dec-22 11:42:52

Is it made from shredded wheat squares Doodledog?😂
I’m one of the nanas that sits and crochets those for a cereal company.

Kalu Mon 19-Dec-22 10:11:56

Doodledog

I couldn’t possibly use it Doodledog. Has to be framed and hung in pride of place in the kitchen.

Callistemon21 Mon 19-Dec-22 10:09:43

Doodledog

I shall download that photo and take it to my craft group tomorrow.

"Here's one I made earlier"
They're all going to be very impressed.

Callistemon21 Mon 19-Dec-22 10:08:14

FannyCornforth

Dammit! Callistemon I saw you got there first! grin
That’ll teach me not to comment as I go along and not RTFT 🙄

Yes, but you managed to upload a picture, well done.

Where's Bobby now?
I wanna be Bobby's girl 🎶🎵🎵🎶🎵🎵

Lathyrus Mon 19-Dec-22 10:00:49

I’m inspired!

Watch this space….

👵🏼🧶👜

Doodledog Mon 19-Dec-22 09:55:31