Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Should I go or should I stay?

(11 Posts)
DAncer66 Thu 27-Oct-16 13:08:52

I am being directed from here to a more local site (Surrey). I noticed a few comments about folks not sticking around and though this might be the reason.

LadyGracie Thu 27-Oct-16 13:30:29

I didn't know there were local sites. I don't want to go anywhere!

thatbags Thu 27-Oct-16 13:33:25

You can do both.

Synonymous Thu 27-Oct-16 13:34:37

Know nothing of local sites and in any case prefer the anonymity of a national site at the very least.

LadyGracie Thu 27-Oct-16 13:36:50

I'll stay here, I prefer anonymity too. I'm not a snob (or maybe I am) but I don't fancy a local site.

tanith Thu 27-Oct-16 13:46:01

I do both, but there isn't much going on on some of the local sites, just because you go 'local' there is nothing stopping you coming here as well it isn't one or the other.

hildajenniJ Thu 27-Oct-16 13:50:36

My local site is practically none existent.Nobody posts anything on it, it's all just advertising.

BlueBelle Thu 27-Oct-16 14:12:09

My local site has no one on it posting anything unfortunately or else I d do both but nothing happening to do

Elegran Thu 27-Oct-16 14:18:46

It is a vicious circle - no-one posts on the local sites so no-one finds anything interesting on there to post about. A lot of them don't have any local editors to start up threads and add things to the "What's on" pages and the lists of local businesse and so on.
If your area doesn't have an editor and you fancy the job (they used to pay a small amount to the editors but I don't know whether they still do) then contact GNHQ - I am sure they would welcome you.

Elegran Thu 27-Oct-16 14:20:20

The posts on the local sites appear on here too, so posting there could get you replies from someone who reads your post here.

DAncer66 Thu 27-Oct-16 14:26:19

Thanks for the replies. I checked it out and your right not much going on there. Think I’ll stick around and get to know you lot instead.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend one and all. smile