Gransnet forums

Site stuff

I cant send a pm!!

(17 Posts)
kittylester Thu 01-Oct-20 11:12:23

Anyone else having the same problem?

Illte Thu 01-Oct-20 11:27:41

No, but I cant start a thread on my phone.

I'm latching onto yours because I can't start a thread to ask for help?

kittylester Thu 01-Oct-20 11:40:18

It's all yours as I can now send a pm. Wonder what that is all about xx

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 12:02:09

My posts keep switching from desktop to mobile site! ?
Looks like gremlins in the works.

Lexisgranny Thu 01-Oct-20 12:15:22

I am also having problems, but with just one thread, when I click on ‘Last’ it jumps to page 10, whereas there are 17 pages, not sure whether a Gransnet problem, or one to do with my IPad, but it works perfectly with other topics. Anyone got any ideas?

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 14:51:24

I have tried twice to send a pm....it just comes up with the message close or cancel.?

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Oct-20 14:53:12

Thanks for letting us know. We'll let our tech team know asap.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Oct-20 14:56:00

Lexisgranny - can you let us know which thread that is please?
And kittylester could you mail us on contactus and let us know which user you were trying to PM? And which device/browser? Thank you

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 15:13:29

I have received a few PMs today and managed to reply, so it doesn't seem to be a general problem.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Oct-20 15:44:23

Marydoll, can you let us have your device and browser too please so we can check that issue out?

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 16:08:48

Hi there Lara, I was on my Samsung phone reading posts and the browser was Chrome.
The phone reverted from desk top to mobile and back to desktop, then back again to mobile, where it stayed. I was however, able to reset it back to desktop.
Despite being a mobile device, I prefer the desktop site, which is what it was originally set to.
It appears to be fine now.

Last night I was on my old Google Pixel C and it happened once, using Chrome again, as my browser. Something strange happened. A recently deleted thread (Saving drafts) popped up at the top of The threads I'm on list, then disappeared within seconds.

I have absolutely no problems on my PC, where it has remained on desktop.

Hope this info helps, but will probably confuse things even further! grin
Sorry I'm a bit of a geek, problems like this intrigue me! wink

kittylester Thu 01-Oct-20 16:09:58

Mine is fine now, thank you, Lara.

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 16:37:03

Mine isn’t Lara!
I have now given up after composing three messages and losing them as they were not sent.I am on ipad.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 01-Oct-20 22:15:44

Ok, thank you. We'll ask our tech team to look into this all tomorrow. We'll start with the issues that haven't yet been resolved if that's ok? But do let us know if they start happening again. moon

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 22:16:56

Working now thanks.

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 22:25:39

No more issues for me either.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 05-Oct-20 09:57:35

Hello, it looks like most of these issues have been sorted. Is anyone still experiencing any glitches?