Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Server keeps crashing. Gateway error.

(12 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 09:33:39

Good morning GNHQ, are you aware that over the last few days, the server has been frequently crashing and even if the server is working it can take two or three attempts to even preview.

I have just spent five minutes trying to post this.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 09:36:56

Blast, the image didn't post! See what I mean. grin

Chewbacca Wed 07-Apr-21 10:11:17

Same problems for me too Marydoll, it's most frustrating. Impossible to go from one thread to another because it just crashes, so you have to reload just to change threads; uploading a post takes ages and you have to log out and back in again to see if your post is actually there. Been 2 days now and not improving.

muse Wed 07-Apr-21 10:21:50

I've been on for the past hour and had no problems. I do get the problem with waiting for previews but not for a few days now. I've previewed all my postings today and it's been instant.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 10:24:15

I have emailed HQ with a screenshot.

tanith Wed 07-Apr-21 10:24:45

I’ve not had a problem so it isn’t everybody.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 10:26:22

The problem is at GNs end.

ZadieGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 07-Apr-21 12:42:00

Hi everyone, thanks for letting us know about this, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Our tech team are currently investigating the problem. flowers

Aveline Wed 07-Apr-21 14:34:31

As I said on the other thread about this, I've not had any problems with this.

YorkLady Sun 11-Apr-21 19:03:17

This has been happening for me for the last hour.
Anyone else had trouble trying to access the forum?
I’m on the Ipad.

Marydoll Sun 11-Apr-21 19:39:02

I'm not having any problems.
YorkLady, you will know if it is an GN error, because you will get a message saying it is a Host error. If so, you need to report your post to GN, in order for them to know there is a problem.

YorkLady Sun 11-Apr-21 20:54:37

Thanks Marydoll that was the error message I was getting. Will take a screenshot if it occurs again and message them.