Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Tell TalkTalk what you enjoy watching with your DGCs over the summer holidays – £150 Love2Shop voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(72 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 04-Aug-14 16:09:37

TalkTalk has asked us to find out what gransnetters enjoy watching with their DGCs over the summer holidays.

Here's what TalkTalk say, "We have a huge range of family entertainment lined up this summer on the UK’s fastest growing TV service and we want to find out what you will be watching over the school holidays.

Here at TalkTalk TV, we like to do things a little differently. We're championing flexible TV and are proud to be the only provider that let's viewers enjoy additional sports, movies, or kids channels for just a month, or in some cases a day at a time, giving you a little bit of what you fancy when it suits you. We believe that great entertainment should be for everyone - at a price that won't break the bank. It's TV you'll be glued to - not stuck with.

We have hundreds of films available on the TalkTalk Box Office over the summer including The Lego Movie, Rio 2 and Muppets Most Wanted, an array of kids content from the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network and Nickledeon and access to Sky entertainment on our flexible monthly boosts. And our new Taster weekends are the perfect addition for lovers of family entertainment, allowing you to sample extra channels from our Boosts for free for weekends at a time.

Our free Tasters will launch on the weekend of 1st-3rd August with the Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, helping families kick off the school summer holidays."

So, what's your favourite TV show to watch with your DGCs? Is it an arts and crafts TV show which inspire you both to get creative? Perhaps it’s a nature programme? Or, maybe if your DGCs are a bit older, it’s a quiz show or your favourite TV drama? Whatever it is, we’d love to know which TV programmes you’re enjoying watching with your DGCs this summer!

Everyone who leaves their comment below will be entered into a prize draw to win £150 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

whenim64 Wed 13-Aug-14 10:07:45

My grandsons have introduced me to 'The Dumping Ground' on CBBC. It's about a group of looked after children living in a home with two great carers, and it shows the ups and downs of their lives and how they look out for each other. I believe it has won a BAFTA. A very good quality programme.

The younger grandchildren love Peppa Pig, Justin's House/Simething Special (Mr Tumble) and In The Night Garden. They went to see Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy last Sunday, in their tour. It's a fantastic show, highly recommended.

pussycats Wed 13-Aug-14 10:12:16

I love watching Peppa Pig with my 2 year old granddaughter, I record them every day so that the days she comes here we have a Peppa Pig fest

pussycats Wed 13-Aug-14 10:14:47

I love watching Peppa Pig with my 2 year old granddaughter, I record it every day so that the days she comes here we have a Peppa Pig fest

grandmax3 Wed 13-Aug-14 10:30:47

our grandsons aged 6 and 7 like to watch Scooby doo and tom and Jerry with me but their 3 year old sister wants to watch Peppa Pig or anything with fairies and princesses in it with me

angiehoggett Wed 13-Aug-14 10:31:20

Mine also love the Bake off, then we all make cakes afterwards which is no end of mess but really good fun!

maci234 Wed 13-Aug-14 11:11:23

they love watching the old classics chitty chitty bang bang, the wizard of oz, Charlie and the chocolate factory ,

Tizliz Wed 13-Aug-14 12:01:45

My grandchildren just don't watch TV. Are they unusual? They are out playing with friends or doing activities all daylight hours. Then they read before sleeping.

mrshumphreyjr Wed 13-Aug-14 12:16:56

Love the animated movies, so easy to watch and also to see again, and again and again,

Happy :_)

MelJanie Wed 13-Aug-14 12:35:06

Peppa Pig and the all time favourite Scooby-Doo

mcem Wed 13-Aug-14 13:37:07

My 2 grandchildren have recently discovered Sooty and are loving the slapstick nonsense. I have found them rolling around with laughter! My own 3 were just as fond of Sooty and co, more than 30 years ago. They also enjoy TreeFu Tom which I find quite entertaining ( with David Tennant voicing one of the characters! )

suzied Wed 13-Aug-14 19:01:33

My grandchildren love frozen and know all the songs, but on a wet day we pretend we are at the movies and get the popcorn out and watch the Wizard of Oz or Chitty Chitty Bang bang, The railway children, Willy Wonka or another old favourite movie.

geow480 Wed 13-Aug-14 19:44:14

Doctor Who is a great favourite

woo69 Wed 13-Aug-14 19:58:27

My (just) 7 granddaughter likes to watch any Disney films and I Carly, she likes to play games on her tablet rather than watch tv.
My 2 and 3/4 grandson likes Frozen -he sings Let it Go and Do you wanna build a Snowman all the time, - Cars, Toy Story and Despicable Me, we also have several Fireman Sam and Thomas the Tank Engine DVD's which he will sit and watch whilst I prepare meals or am doing something that prevents me playing with him.
He does prefer to be outside kicking a ball or running around though.
We live at the side of a river and they both love to sit there throwing stones in, or feeding the ducks, GD calls it "my most favourite place in the whole wide world"

greig23 Wed 13-Aug-14 21:36:13

my newphews love watching films like harry potter or super hero films!! and i love them too lol

suzannedrummond Wed 13-Aug-14 22:24:53

my children love disney and in the night garden

yd1556 Wed 13-Aug-14 22:49:10

My DGCs love anything with Steve Backshall - Deadly 60 and Lost Land of the Volcano are favourites. Entertaining and educational - a perfect mix.

Lorelei Thu 14-Aug-14 02:12:47

We usually watch Disney or one of the fun animated films as they are great for the kids and also have a few laughs for the adults! Quiz shows are another favourite - usually fun, and because we don't take it too seriously, if nobody knows the answer our sense of humor shines through with the wrong/funny answers!

Geraldine43 Thu 14-Aug-14 07:36:36

Grandson is at that awkward age 5, sometimes too old for Cbeebies, too young for some of CBBC, but we both really enjoy 'How To Train You Dragon' on CBBC

scrapgran Thu 14-Aug-14 10:01:26

Watched Pitch Perfect with my granddaughter - very good. Grandson loves You've been framed and have also watched science programmes with them 9 and learnt alot!)

gomez69 Thu 14-Aug-14 10:04:38

My Grandson who is 16 months stars laughing when he is watching Charlie Bear it makes me feel so happy!

lucy120606 Thu 14-Aug-14 12:08:00

Disney Cars is a must and the Planes movie, really looking forward to taking them to see the new Planes movie next week, I have to admit I like the films too ;)

Maren Thu 14-Aug-14 22:32:01

I always put the older films on, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or Mary Poppins are some of the faves. We are partial to a bit of a peppa pig though too.

nanaseaside Thu 14-Aug-14 23:21:59

TV is rationed for our little one. Peppa Pig is my nearly 3 years old granddaughter's favourite. When I'm missing her I watch Peppa to bring back nice memories of us snuggling together on the sofa laughing at pompous Grandpa Pig. In the Night Garden, Mr Maker and Justin's House are well watched. Also the one with Bernard Cribbins as the old sailor with his dog. Forgot the title! She also loves Noddy, as did her father 30 years ago.

Purpledaffodil Fri 15-Aug-14 18:42:49

Four year old GS has passed through Night Garden and Peppa Pig ( sadly). He is quite keen on Justin's House, but now prefers commandeering my iMac for the Cbeebies web site where there are some excellent games and activities. Yesterday he was learning Punjabi! Although I don't have much in the way of children's films, at home he loves Frozen and sings the songs constantly. Our children's stuff is all on VHS and we now have nothing to play them on. Bad planning Nana!

buckleycat Fri 15-Aug-14 20:55:44

Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom is a favourite - I secretly quite enjoy it too!! A lot of the voice artists from Peppa Pig pop up so I entertain myself by spotting those! Disney classics are always enjoy, as are the Pixar ones - especially Finding Nemo, although I must confess that I fast forward the shark bit as don't want to give grandson nightmares!! x