Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Who would you want to take on a cruise and why? Share with Holland America Line - £300 voucher to be won

(184 Posts)
AbbiCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Sep-19 14:25:10

Going on a cruise can be a great way to see the world all in one holiday and what can be even better is sharing that experience with someone you love...be it a friend, family member or even extended family & friends. Who you go away with can really alter the type of holiday you have for the better; do you bring your always-up-for-an-adventure cousin or perhaps you’d want to take your partner because they’re more relaxed? With this in mind Holland America Line would love to know who you’d take on a cruise and why?

Here’s what Holland America Line have to say: ‘Holland America Line’s elegant hotels at sea are perfect for all holiday makers. Whether you wish to go solo, with a partner or with extended family, there are destinations to suit every traveller, and a lifestyle for every passion - whether explorers, foodies or music lovers…’

'From the moment you arrive, you are welcomed as a friend. Settle into your spacious stateroom and your room steward will pop by to ensure every detail is in order, taking a moment to learn your name to greet you personally every day. Throughout the ship you’ll find service is gracious and attentive. Never in the way, yet always close at hand.'

Do you have a big family and you’d love to take them all for a whole host of different reasons? Is it your partner you’d like to bring with you because you both love travelling and exploring new places together? Perhaps you have a group of friends that you have non-stop laughs with that you’d love to bring along? Maybe you’d like some quality time with your children and/or grandchildren? Or even if you can’t think of any friends/family you’d like to bring, what about if you could literally take anyone in the world on a cruise? Why would you choose them?

Share who you’d take on a cruise with and why on the thread below and everyone who does will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

keithymon99 Mon 30-Sep-19 13:34:13

I would like to go with the only movie star who really qualifies to experience this type of holiday. Who am I referring to? - Tom Cruise, of course.

Hugosbabe Mon 30-Sep-19 14:44:24

I would spend the Cruise with my other half - we always have fun together.

Mummyb23 Mon 30-Sep-19 16:05:44

I would love to go with my wonderful husband he is my best friend and my Rock I suffered a small stroke 6 months ago and he was amazing helped with the girls and everything he is my soulmate. And the only person I would want to go on a cruise with.

tina28 Mon 30-Sep-19 20:05:05

would love to take my carer/partner as I am in a wheelchair, he takes me out and makes me laugh all the time, although we do not live together, he is only round the corner, so we are together apart!!!

MandyRaff Thu 03-Oct-19 10:22:28

My husband. We started cruising for our 25th anniversary (it was supposed to be a one-off) and have been every year since. Love cruising <3

INDIA505050 Sat 05-Oct-19 19:54:16

I would like to take my parents who are in their 80s my dad is registered blind and has,always loved the sea I know he would love this and my mum could be pampered for the first time in her life xx

H1954 Sat 05-Oct-19 20:00:05

Captain Birdseye naturally; then he could tell me where he first caught Fish Fingers! ?

LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 18-Nov-19 13:18:39

Thank you to everyone who took part in this sponsored discussion. The winner of the voucher is @katynana smile Congratulations!