Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Gransnetters share where they would like to travel in the world and what it is that's stopping them with Staysure

(447 Posts)
LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 27-Jan-20 09:55:22

This sponsored discussion is now closed. Thank you to everyone who posted!

We all have a dream destination that we’d love to travel to - somewhere where you’ve always wanted to go, but never got around to visiting. While some would love to go on Safari in South Africa, others would be happier lounging on the white sand beaches of Greece. Whether you’d like to travel near or far, there can be many barriers to travel. Perhaps you simply don’t have the time to travel, or think that the total cost of the trip might break the bank? Or maybe you have fears about not being able to speak the language, or your health not being protected while abroad? With this in mind, Staysure would love to hear from you.

Here’s what Staysure have to say: “At Staysure, we believe that if something’s worth doing, then it’s worth doing right. That’s why our customers voted us the UK’s Best Travel Insurance Provider in the British Travel Awards.

We all want to be able to enjoy our holiday, knowing that we will be covered should something happen. We do not want to have to worry about possible repercussions and for that reason having good quality travel insurance should be a priority.”

If you could book a ticket right now, where in the world would you like to visit? What are the barriers that are stopping you from going (eg health, finances, mobility, fear of flying)? Is travel insurance important to you when booking a trip? Does travel insurance give you the piece of mind that you’ll be protected when abroad, or do you have some reservations about what will be covered.

So whether you want to take the trip of a lifetime or just a short weekend away, share below what it is that’s stopping you and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one lucky GNer will win a £300 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

honeymoon Mon 10-Feb-20 03:35:47

Mexico to volunteer teaching and caring for orphaned children and looking after stray dogs.

sweir1 Mon 10-Feb-20 09:56:16

I would love to do the inca trail

LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 10-Feb-20 11:06:58

Thanks to everyone who took part in this sponsored discussion. The lucky winner of the prize draw is @RachDayxx - congratulations! smile

SophieCar13 Mon 10-Feb-20 12:16:48

I think it would have to be a world cruise ? as there are so many places on my wish list! One of the top is Thailand ??

amaradnas Mon 10-Feb-20 13:17:58

Bermuda. I'd like to visit the island and spend time relaxing on the beautiful coral sands. Finance is an issue and lack of a travel companion. If I had the money, I might chance it on my own!

LemonCats Mon 10-Feb-20 20:09:07

I'd love to go to Costa Rica, but I'm scared to travel alone

shellywkd Mon 10-Feb-20 21:08:17

I’d love to go to Iceland as i’ve always wanted to see the Northern Lights. Might get to glimpse a polar bear if I am lucky as well

jmsrowlands Mon 10-Feb-20 21:11:54

It would have to be Florida. Great weather and so much to do.

janhunter Mon 10-Feb-20 21:25:13

A little trip to Singapore - browsing the community there and experience the sights and sensations.

robyn297 Mon 10-Feb-20 22:54:12

South Africa to visit family and in-laws

julsthomas Tue 11-Feb-20 00:08:13

I'd stay in the UK satisfying my wish to revisit a childhood family holiday destination and also being kinder to the environment. My holiday stop would be Bournemouth where I spent many holidays with my late parents and brother. For several years caring 'duties' have stopped me returning but things (sadly) have changed and perhaps this is the year for visiting this beautiful UK spot again, I certainly don't wish to leave it until I myself am too old to do so.

flossy1973 Tue 11-Feb-20 05:52:00

I would love to visit the Galápagos Islands to experience being with nature and all the unusual animals and birds. It looks so beautiful there and unspoiled.

Bellroyd Tue 11-Feb-20 07:42:09

I'd like to visit the Galapagos Islands

omgitslani Tue 11-Feb-20 08:31:39

I have always wanted to go to Brazil. It is such a fascinating country and there are many places I would like to visit; too many in fact, I think I would need a long trip to be able to see everything! I was so obsessed with wanting to travel around the huge country that I even started learning Portuguese years ago. Sadly, the idea has seemed to pass me by a little but I still live in hope.

falconer Tue 11-Feb-20 09:10:59

At my age, long-haul holidays are not very attractive. I hate long flights and illnesses are always a worry. So Norway is the perfect solution at any time of the year. I'd love to return.

Kingsnorth Tue 11-Feb-20 09:20:52

I would love to travel to the Maldives but due to health issues l can’t get insurance sadly

xcxcsophiexcxc Tue 11-Feb-20 09:40:34

If time was no issues I'd love to do route 66

andyh Tue 11-Feb-20 11:21:48

SUNNY BARBADOS

drewett93 Tue 11-Feb-20 12:30:33

USA!
My first stop would be to Disneyland Florida, to make amazing memories with my kids (and so i can relive my childhood) and Universal studios as that looks amazing!
Hollywood to see the stars and so many more places round America on my bucket list, New York at Christmas time looks beautiful!

Olive1820 Tue 11-Feb-20 13:02:17

Anywhere I can feel a bit of heat on my old bones !

katieskatie82 Tue 11-Feb-20 14:55:07

i'd go to Barbados and have a relaxing stay on a beautiful beach!

beelzebomb Wed 12-Feb-20 16:10:29

Hawaii; it just looks beautiful and peaceful.

dwerry Thu 13-Feb-20 00:56:10

I'd go to Italy. It has so many beautiful places, historic sites, stunning churches and I love the language and the culture. I have been a few times now and it is always wonderful.
Travel insurance for health and property I think is very important, it's good to know you have that back up if you do have a problem.

Fronkydonky Fri 14-Feb-20 13:44:13

I would absolutely love to fly to the Scilly isles and take our small dog with us. The thing that prevents us going is that all of the self catering dog friendly accommodation is booked up a year in advance for summertime. It isn’t cheap to get there, but because it’s still classed as U.K. our dog would not need a rabies jab.

cluckyhen0 Sun 16-Feb-20 16:32:57

New Zealand!