Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Gransnetters share where they would like to travel in the world and what it is that's stopping them with Staysure

(447 Posts)
LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 27-Jan-20 09:55:22

This sponsored discussion is now closed. Thank you to everyone who posted!

We all have a dream destination that we’d love to travel to - somewhere where you’ve always wanted to go, but never got around to visiting. While some would love to go on Safari in South Africa, others would be happier lounging on the white sand beaches of Greece. Whether you’d like to travel near or far, there can be many barriers to travel. Perhaps you simply don’t have the time to travel, or think that the total cost of the trip might break the bank? Or maybe you have fears about not being able to speak the language, or your health not being protected while abroad? With this in mind, Staysure would love to hear from you.

Here’s what Staysure have to say: “At Staysure, we believe that if something’s worth doing, then it’s worth doing right. That’s why our customers voted us the UK’s Best Travel Insurance Provider in the British Travel Awards.

We all want to be able to enjoy our holiday, knowing that we will be covered should something happen. We do not want to have to worry about possible repercussions and for that reason having good quality travel insurance should be a priority.”

If you could book a ticket right now, where in the world would you like to visit? What are the barriers that are stopping you from going (eg health, finances, mobility, fear of flying)? Is travel insurance important to you when booking a trip? Does travel insurance give you the piece of mind that you’ll be protected when abroad, or do you have some reservations about what will be covered.

So whether you want to take the trip of a lifetime or just a short weekend away, share below what it is that’s stopping you and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one lucky GNer will win a £300 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

natthem Tue 18-Feb-20 17:16:57

Dubai . Looks fantastic

ustupidwoman60 Tue 18-Feb-20 19:21:58

the galapagos islands

ohnoo Tue 18-Feb-20 22:51:39

Japan during April and the cherry tree blossom season

emmamed Wed 19-Feb-20 20:10:07

I would love to go on safari in Kenya. its been on my bucket list for years. so nice to see all the animals in the wild.

kats56 Wed 19-Feb-20 23:16:51

I would love to travel to the Galapagos Islands, somewhere I have dreamed about going. It would be fabulous to see the wildlife on these unspoilt islands

christineM Thu 20-Feb-20 16:50:58

I visited Rome for the first time last year and would love to go back, such a beautiful city and so much to see. I would love to combine it with a visit to Sorrento, Naples and Pompeii. Just need to save the money!

MiserableMe1 Thu 20-Feb-20 21:24:21

i would love to travel st lucia, i really want to go to the amazing chocolate farm that they have there,

grannybiker Thu 20-Feb-20 22:22:34

I'd love to do bear and whale watching with Northern Lights as the icing on the cake in Canada. Saw a TV programme with the train with a glass roof that would be wonderful.
I do have issues getting travel insurance as Mr GB has high BP and I'm living with stage 4 cancer and ongoing treatment. We're determined to do as much as we can while we're both well.

Teessidegirl Thu 20-Feb-20 22:31:18

I would love to do a grand tour all around Italy. Love the culture the people and of course the food

lottiegirl Thu 20-Feb-20 23:35:35

japan at cherry blossom time - beautiful , and to have proper tea

prettypistol Fri 21-Feb-20 05:48:06

I have always wanted to visit Machu Picchu , would actually love to see all the wonders of the world, i can dream!

jhocknull Fri 21-Feb-20 07:16:22

New Zealand would be not only stunning but I could meet up with my NZ relations again. The length of the flight is the issue for me. Surely after a certain age we should have an automatic upgrade to Business Class to enable us to lie down!

sloan Fri 21-Feb-20 07:55:21

I would love to go to Bora Bora as my daughter went on her honeymoon and it looked amazing. The main thing that is stopping me is that my husband doesn't like long haul flights. x

hughmungus Fri 21-Feb-20 08:53:01

I’d love to go to Antarctica before it melts!

flowersfromheaven Fri 21-Feb-20 09:16:56

Thailand doing a 2 way holiday starting at Elephant Hills Jungle Lake Safari then transfering to Khao Sok for a week to proper relax that's my dream destination.

JessePartington Fri 21-Feb-20 09:58:52

Tesco - I'm out of milk.

DancesWithOtters Fri 21-Feb-20 10:13:19

I'd love to go to mexico.

Bethshaw Fri 21-Feb-20 12:03:05

BRAZIL

sheshe11 Fri 21-Feb-20 15:17:17

I would love to go to Sydney to visit our oldest son who lives there now.

barbie Fri 21-Feb-20 16:26:19

I would love to travel to India, I have watched tv documentaries about India, it looks such a beautiful place to visit. At the moment I babysit for my 2 grandchildren. so unable to travel at present.

xcxcsophiexcxc Fri 21-Feb-20 17:28:26

Doing route 66! I just dont have the time or money !