Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Share the things that encourage you to consider moving home with Willerby Bespoke - £200 voucher to be won

(330 Posts)
YanaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Jun-20 10:21:22

They might seem like bricks and mortar, but homes hold a lot of memories that make you feel attached to them. But the desire to move home - whether that’s to be closer to family, to have more money to do the things you love, or to achieve a more relaxed lifestyle - can outweigh that attachment, and Willerby would like to hear about what encourages you to consider a home move.

Here’s what Willerby has to say: ‘Willerby has been creating homes for over 70 years and are exceptionally experienced when it comes to making quality homes that are truly built to last. Our designers have created the perfect blend of style and practicality in all our park homes with amazing space saving ideas, luxurious touches and beautiful interiors and exteriors. Our park homes are built to last and offer stylish, low maintenance living for those who want to paint landscapes, not the hallway! View, download or order your brochure here. Get inspiration and details for our range of homes.’

Do you move home often for a change in scenery? What makes you think about moving now? Would it be to downsize? Release money for retirement? To achieve a more relaxed lifestyle? Perhaps you’d consider moving to be closer to family? Or maybe it’s appealing because you get the freedom to start from scratch with your design ideas?

Whatever the things that make you consider moving home, share on the thread below and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £200 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

finemang Mon 10-Aug-20 06:52:58

You will want to move for the right reasons, not to get away but to go somewhere that is better (for you at that time in life). The big house in the countryside might be wonderful, but when you get older, it may cause stress and worry. So downsizing and/or moving nearer to a community might seem like a sad move, but look at the positives - more time to enjoy, less time to stress over things you can no longer do! Always move TO something, not AWAY from something!

SuzieT Tue 11-Aug-20 19:49:08

Always moved for work or to find a house near to the better schools. Bought a place by the sea over a decade ago, ready for retirement, but when the time came, grand-children had arrived and Grandad didn't want to move! Still have the place by the sea, but only use for holidays - but we know we have a safe space on one level for if (when) the time comes.

Brannie Tue 13-Oct-20 11:58:00

If it were up to me I’d move to live nearer to my daughter and grandchild, but given that won’t be possible for quite some time, I’d buy a little flat in that area, to allow me my own space when I visit.
When we can afford it, we are considering moving from our tiny terraced house to a semi, with larger rooms, more storage space, a slightly bigger garden and a better view. I want larger rooms because my children live several hours drive away, and when they visit for family get-togethers (remember those?) our house gets seriously over crowded. I’d like a garage, so we can retrieve all the stuff we’ve got stored at a relative’s home. A second toilet would be good, as I think my partner is writing a novel in there and I’d prefer not to use a bucket, given the choice. Our current garden is small and north facing, so very little sunlight, and we are overlooked by other houses. It makes me appreciate green spaces, and as I get older, I think it would be great to have a little more greenery to look out on. Other than that, I’m perfectly content where I am.

Jinty64 Sun 07-Feb-21 10:17:51

We have been in the same house for 21 years now but will move to downsize once/if the AC leave home. I would love a sea view and we wouldn’t need to move too far to get one. Dh wants to move out of town but I wouldn’t want to go too far.