Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Cheryl Bissett from McCarthy and Stone has answered your questions about retirement living and planning

(205 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Nov-20 10:09:13

Retirement communities provide support, safety and most importantly, friendship to those who live there. Cheryl Bissett is divisional Sales Director at McCarthy & Stone and also helped her 84 year-old mother Isobel move into a McCarthy & Stone development in 2017. After settling into Cranberry Court, Isobel’s social life has blossomed; spending time with her neighbours at coffee mornings, book clubs and film nights.

The community wasn’t halted by the pandemic and Cheryl gained peace of mind knowing that her mother had people around her for company and to reach out a helping hand if needed. With this in mind, Cheryl would like to use her experience to help answer your questions around retirement living and planning.

Here’s what McCarthy & Stone have to say: “With more than 40 years of experience in designing, creating and managing thriving communities, a McCarthy & Stone apartment gives you much more than a lovely home. It gives you access to a vibrant, caring and supportive community of friends and neighbours.

Here’s more about Cheryl Bissett: “Cheryl is Senior Divisional Sales & Marketing Director and has worked for McCarthy & Stone for over 5 years.
Cheryl is extremely passionate about what McCarthy & Stone offer to our retirement community, so much so Cheryl’s mother downsized into a McCarthy & Stone apartment at Cranberry Court.
McCarthy & Stone have made a huge difference to Cheryl and her family as her mum was once isolated and lonely and now has a whole host of new friends and a fabulous social life.”

Perhaps you’ve considered buying or renting a property in a retirement living community and want to find out more about it? Or have a family member that wants to find out more about retirement living in general and how best to plan for it? Post your question on this thread and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one lucky GNer will win a £100 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

We’ll be selecting questions for Cheryl to answer during a one-hour session that’s taking place on 30/11

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Terms and conditions apply

Gubby Thu 24-Dec-20 16:33:25

i live on my own..and i love my own company. ,,j refused their offer to go into their house for a xmas dinner..as they smoke and its too hot,,she tells me she is still bringing me a xmas dinner!!!!....so the meat i bought and my plans now have to be shelved...probably have to throw the meat away...why dont people accept my plans and leave me alone???? makes me so mad...

utterbliss Sun 03-Jan-21 13:21:23

Please can anyone tell me where I can find the answers given to Gransnet questions on McCarthy and Stone retirement living?

Candelle Tue 05-Jan-21 16:52:13

Utterbliss, the answers are in the preceding pages. You will find the original question in grey and the response on a green background.

I will PM you in case you don't find this page.

Regards

Harris27 Sat 07-Aug-21 20:13:52

We are considering this but feel a bit young for this what is the average age of a resident?