Gransnet forums

Sport

Any more don't-give-a-fuck-ab out-Wimbledons out there?

(37 Posts)
Baggs Thu 06-Jul-17 12:21:13

Just wondering.

We don't have a telly anyway. I might watch some matches if we did but I don't feel I'm missing anything of vital importance either during Wimbledon fortnight or at other times.

DanniRae Sat 08-Jul-17 14:02:12

When I put the telly on to see Wimbledon I was disappointed that there weren't any Wombles to be seen.
Where have they all gone? A-Womberling I suppose!! grin

FarNorth Fri 07-Jul-17 20:25:47

Whose screeching?

Alima Fri 07-Jul-17 17:57:49

DH currently watching the tennis. Started off with a women's match. Had to turn over because of the screeching. Turned over to a men's match. They are grunting. Sounds awful, why do they do it. (John Newcombe and his lot didn't).

Elegran Fri 07-Jul-17 15:23:52

Farnorth A recount give three adverse mentions of Andy Murray and one of a "grumpy Scotsman" (unnamed) plus one saying that the grumpy Scotsman is less grumpy nowadays. Still not "all" of the posts are running him down, only 20%, and only 10% by name.

shandi6570 Fri 07-Jul-17 14:53:04

Chewbacca - Personally, I don't like anything that involves balls and men grin grin grin

FarNorth Fri 07-Jul-17 14:46:10

Five people actually elegran, before paddy's post.

crafting grin

Baggs Fri 07-Jul-17 14:35:25

crafting, grin

Andy Murray? What has he to do with not giving a fuck about the event or its coverage on telly?

rosesarered Fri 07-Jul-17 14:30:09

Am not interested in either Andy Murray or Wimbledon so I fit the title of the thread.grin

TriciaF Fri 07-Jul-17 14:25:04

re Andy Murray - I certainly don't want him to fail, maybe if I was a Scot I would be more of a fan of his.
And I certainly don't aspire to all his material rewards - best in the world , lots of money etc, not for me thanks.
I use to be interested in the game itself - plus the ups and downs of the various top names.

Maggiemaybe Thu 06-Jul-17 22:43:57

I've posted on both the hate and love threads to say I don't care either way, so I'm happy to confirm that here. grin

We've got an abundance of gorgeous berries of several descriptions in DH's allotment this year, all free. I'll forego the cream for the sake of my hips.

merlotgran Thu 06-Jul-17 22:26:47

Strawberries and cream at exorbitant prices grin

Crafting Thu 06-Jul-17 22:21:32

What's on at Wimbledon? confused

LadyGracie Thu 06-Jul-17 22:17:27

No, don't like it at all, no sports, thankfully DH doesn't either!

Chewbacca Thu 06-Jul-17 21:49:00

Personally, I don't like anything that involves balls and men. So I never watch tennis, cricket, football, rugby, golf, snooker or billiards (including pocket ones). I'm with Baggs, don't give a flying about any of them.

Elegran Thu 06-Jul-17 21:04:02

Hang on, Paddy, what do you mean ALL? Two posts out of twentyone mentioned Andy Murray. The rest were about people who don't much care whether they see the tennis or miss it, or wish there were more alternative viewing to the million games of it. Did you mean to post this on the "I hate Wimbledon" thread? This is the "I don't give a fuck either way" thread.

paddyann Thu 06-Jul-17 19:17:04

so I'll asssume you've all been much more successful than Andy Murray in your lives,hit all your goals and all have squillions of pounds in the bank...so very well done to you all.You really shouldn't look down on Andy though ,you know what they say about meeting people on your way back down the ladder!Sad folk who actively want someone to fail .I shall avoid you in case I'm your next target...lol

TriciaF Thu 06-Jul-17 19:10:20

When I was a tennis-mad teenager I used to listen to Wimbledon avidly on the radio. Then go off with my friends to play tennis in the local park.
Couldn't care less now, and agree with others about Andy Murray.

Elegran Thu 06-Jul-17 19:01:57

But bluebelle, Devongirl This isn't either a love Wimbledon thread or a hate Wimbledon thread. It is a take-it-or-leave-it. So it doesn't duplicate either of them.

Baggs Thu 06-Jul-17 18:33:41

Baggs buggers off to find something else to be excessive about wink

Baggs Thu 06-Jul-17 18:32:29

maw, just my weirdness. There's an I love Wimbledon and an I hate Wimbledon, why not a Don't give a fuck Wimbledon?

whitewave, perhaps you could try the not replying at all option? And also read what I wrote rather than what you think I wrote. "I might watch some matches" is not equal to "wouldn't watch".

devon, there's nothing excessive about loving or hating Wimbledon? Okay, there isn't. So there's nothing excessive about me expressing my feelings about it either.

Quirky's allowed. Wish there was more of it on GN.

mrsjones Thu 06-Jul-17 16:48:27

Not watched since the days of Bjorn Borg. I don't care who wins but would prefer it not to be Murray.

devongirl Thu 06-Jul-17 16:28:35

*Baggs, I think it's really excessive starting this post - there are now 2 for Wimbledon haters and only 1 for Wimbledon fans! Can they be amalgamated in any way?

harrigran Thu 06-Jul-17 15:55:59

Never watched it, couldn't give two hoots about tennis. Andy Murray is called Mr charisma bypass in our house.

FarNorth Thu 06-Jul-17 15:19:32

I don't hate Wimbledon so I won't be going to that thread. I don't care either way.

I have a TV, but watch it very little. Also avoid hearing about wimbers on radio or in papers, so I'm happy.

ninathenana Thu 06-Jul-17 15:04:20

You will find several of us on the "I hate Wimbledon" thread Baggs