Gransnet forums

Sport

My team are on terrestrial telly tonight!

(7 Posts)
Alima Wed 16-Jan-19 06:54:09

OMG, never get to see Derby County on TV, they always show blooming Premiership matches. FA Cup replay, DC v Southampton. I am having the big telly tonight, bag of chopped raw vegetables at my side. (On a diet!). Come on you Rams!!! Anne sixty, you watching?

kittylester Wed 16-Jan-19 07:01:39

Oooh, I am a closet Rams supporter. Our house is resolutely Forest so I'm a very faint voice in the background.

Forest are quite often on the tv and they are also a championship team.

Alima Wed 16-Jan-19 07:12:48

I think I would see more of them on telly if I lived locally. As it is I live a lot nearer Southampton. DH has BT Sport. They show European and Premiership matches. Sometimes there are a few highlights of Championship matches on 4 or 5. Much prefer to watch as it happens. Anyway, tonight’s the night!

kittylester Thu 17-Jan-19 08:33:49

Didn't they do well!!

Alima Thu 17-Jan-19 08:56:14

Definitely worth waiting for!

annsixty Thu 17-Jan-19 09:07:49

Didn't see this yesterday so sorry but did realise last night and was so thrilled they got through.
So very sad that my H, who has followed them since the 40's no longer understands , it would have made his day.

Alima Thu 17-Jan-19 10:14:07

Get to see the match against Accrington Stanley too as it is on BT Sport!
Glad you saw it annsixty, they were magnificent! (My brother still lives in Derby. He used to go to home matches. He no longer understands either. Bitter sweet moment).