Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night Serum

(16 Posts)
cangran Tue 24-Jun-14 15:03:53

Have any of you who took part in the trial a few months ago continued to use these serums (i.e. after you had to pay for them)? I see there's a 3 for 2 on Boots No7 and wondered if the serums had made enough of a difference to your skin to be worth using under moisturiser when they are pricey. Or, if you use another (cheaper) serum, would you recommend it?

Charleygirl Tue 24-Jun-14 15:14:06

It was too pricey for me so I did not bother. I returned to using Oil of Olay which is not a serum, just a moisturiser.

Grannyknot Tue 24-Jun-14 15:38:17

I'm still using it - from the prize I won on that thread smile. Lucky me.

petallus Tue 24-Jun-14 15:50:13

I am irritated that the day and night creams are only sold as a set and would not buy it for that reason.

When I did the sample test I liked it.

Ana Tue 24-Jun-14 16:00:07

Are they? I've bought them separately, I'm sure.

kittylester Tue 24-Jun-14 16:08:44

I use aldi!

glammanana Tue 24-Jun-14 16:12:46

I have bought the day cream on its own from JLewis as I use more of that then the night cream if fact I do forget to use the night cream as my skin feels moisturised enough with my cleanser.

janeainsworth Tue 24-Jun-14 16:27:50

The creams are sold separately, but the serums are sold together.
I've carried on using them - I find with the 3 for 2 offers and points on the card it is more affordable that the Clinique stuff I was using before.

Ana Tue 24-Jun-14 16:35:18

There's only one serum. There isn't a separate one for night use...confused

Ana Tue 24-Jun-14 16:39:13

Oops! So sorry - I was thinking of the Protect and Perfect serum blush. I'm using the new Advanced one at the moment.

Ana Tue 24-Jun-14 16:40:37

I did try Restore & Renew but wasn't impressed.

Galen Tue 24-Jun-14 17:04:15

CBA. I like my wrinkles and white hair. I've earned them

Brummiegran Tue 24-Jun-14 20:24:52

I didn't take part in the test but I use no. 7 boots serum etc. all the time. I think it has make a real difference to my skin over the past few years. Although I have nothing to compare it to, so I may be kidding myself. I always buy it on three for two and preferably with other offers combined( the staff are very good and finding the best deals). The points help as well! However I use super drug vitaminE washing cream which is cheaper than boots brand and better, I think.

Aka Tue 24-Jun-14 20:37:14

I wasn't impressed either.

boheminan Tue 24-Jun-14 21:15:06

For years I've been a tester for Boots products and have tested all the P&P serums before they were marketed. Every test sheet I have returned I've said I really can't tell the difference before and after using the P&P (a miracle in a tube it aint). I'll stick with good old fashioned Nivea cream and a smilesmile

glassortwo Tue 24-Jun-14 21:35:08

DD got a set of night and day for Christmas and they didnt agree with her so she passed them onto me grin but I did find they seemed to make a difference but maybe no more than Aldi.