Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Boden - autumn catalogue

(7 Posts)
suebailey1 Mon 21-Jul-14 16:35:14

Just received this and normally I like Boden for its fit and although pricey I wait for the offers (if you ring them up your can persuade them into free postage too) but the Autumn catalogue seems to assume we all have the enviable physique of the Duchess of Cambridge its all dead straight skirts and shift dresses alleviated by drain pipe trousers - sadly I have short fat hairy legs and a generous sit upon so I don't think there is anything for me here.

glammanana Mon 21-Jul-14 17:47:14

I have found the same with Landsend catalogue this season all skinny stuff,thinking I will have go and have a look at Box2 again and see if any offers on as I need a couple of outfits for special ocassions at least I know they will fit nicely and hide any lumps and bumps.

Stansgran Mon 21-Jul-14 17:48:51

Two autumn catalogues have just arrived! I am quite disheartened as I want summer to last a little longer. It amuses me that all or nearly all the models have long dark hair very similar to the D of C. It used to be that every model was a Diana lookalike . I feel I'm more of a Camilla, the wrinkles and the hair.

Silverfish Mon 21-Jul-14 18:28:20

Be like me try the local charity shop. Ive had a lovely leather jacket, suede skirt, several bags and many other previously expensive items. My friend who is quite well off boasts she never buys new but goes to an up market second had shop where she pays maybe £100 for something that has been £300. she is happy with that. Otherwise I just go to George asda, cheap and cheerful

Silverfish Mon 21-Jul-14 18:29:02

I forgot I also go to vintage shops and get 60s outfits but these are expensive so don't go very often

HildaW Mon 21-Jul-14 18:42:36

I too was struck with how much they were going for the Kate Middleton look.....seems almost a tad gratuitous given how much everyone bangs on about her dresses. Do you think its a cunning ploy or just coincidence?

goldengirl Mon 21-Jul-14 19:55:35

I got my Boden catalogue today and noticed a price hike too. I also thought the models were on the slim side! Their wrap around dresses are very forgiving but I have to wear a cami or insert that fixes onto a bra as some of their necklines are really low. I do enjoy their catalogue though. Always nicely presented