Why is it called a 'slip' ?
I haven't worn one since I don't know when - they always rode up my backside and I was for ever hoicking it down - which was the opposite of slip I suppose.. I was sent one of those stiff crackly waist petticoats from the US when I was about 7 which I thought was the bees knees - it had pink lace on it but sadly went a bit limp after a few washes 
Electric egg maker for poached eggs - convince me?


Yuk!
to admit to owning an item called 'petti=pants' which is like a half slip but with legs, like culottes. They are great under summer dresses to stop them being see-through, and helps them hang nicely, but best of all, stops your thighs rubbing when it's hot!!!

Basically because I think I have got to that stage where parts of me are best left to the imagination while the light is on!