Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Briliantine

(9 Posts)
Nonu Wed 30-Jul-14 17:00:26

This may seem an odd post, but I have naturally curly hair which is blonde[thanks Mr L"Oereal] and it goes very dry in heat we have been having.
Has any tried this on their hair, and has it been a success ?
Thanks!
smile

Anne58 Wed 30-Jul-14 17:06:44

Not tried that, but I do do sometimes use Frizz Ease Serum Finishing Spray.

Agus Wed 30-Jul-14 17:15:33

Alberto VO5 hot oil is a good conditioner for very dry hair Nonu. It's a small sachet which you place in hot water to heat the oil, apply, leave on for a while and rinse off.

glammanana Wed 30-Jul-14 17:16:25

Nonu have you tried an Argeon Oil shampoo and conditioner (think thats the name) it calmed my hair down lots even though its waist length it tended to go every way but the right way when not tied up.

Lona Wed 30-Jul-14 17:17:01

Try some Argan Oil nonu, it makes hair nice and silky, I think L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil is nice. (Well, it is on my hair) smile

glammanana Wed 30-Jul-14 17:19:09

Thats the one Lona grin

suebailey1 Wed 30-Jul-14 17:42:22

I have a head of hair like a Brillo pad and have tried it all frizz ease by the bucket, oils, creams, sprays all of it. I am now on Tresseme Keratin Smooth which is better than other things but does build up in your hair so you need a good cleansing shampoo every now and then to get rid of what hairdressers call 'product'.

sherish Wed 30-Jul-14 18:37:08

I use Avon Argan Oil on my hair which can't cope with humidity or very dry conditions. You put it on towel dry hair before you blow dry. It works for me.

Nonu Thu 31-Jul-14 09:56:05

Thanks for all the replies, advice much appreciated!
x