I have resisted leggings and jeggings until I read these posts. I bit the bullet and ordered a pair, plus a long top. I am short and skinny and I asked my OH what he thought. "Are you auditioning for Peter Pan?".
Oh. This is all good. Thank you. My hopes are up. I did try some ankle boots on in Marks yesterday. The right one zipped up but the left one would only zip half way. So now realise one ankle/leg bigger than the other. Urghh.
lundylinda I have the same problem with boots. Bought some supposedly wide fit on the Internet from Marks and they wouldn't even zip up. Took them back to a big Marks store and tried on various wide fit ones and was successful finally. Also Evans' boots are extra wide. Good luck! I HATE boot shopping but they are so useful with leggings I had to persevere.
I too have been reading all the advice on how to wear leggings. Got my first pair yesterday in Marks. Then a mid thigh length jumper from 'Primani'. But now I'm having trouble finding suitable boots to fit my chunky legs. So will be going off to Exeter for the day tomorrow. Any hints on who may stock something suitable would be great.
Well, having read all the posts I am off to buy some leggings, I can see lots of uses, doing the housework with a long top in summer, under my nightdress on cold nights and as an alternative to long johns under trousers. Not sure I would wear them out of the house, maybe for gardening, but who knows.
I could live and die in legging/jeggings. I have all sorts of coloured leggings - some with flowers, some with patterns - all very eye catching. They are lovely. With a longish top I am set for the day. I am not a frock person. I wear pumps in different colours too.
And by the time you have walked round the entire place, you can't remember where the things were that did look possible, and have to walk round again looking for them.
Asking for help is no use - you describe it and they say "Which range was it in?" No idea, there are so many ranges.
sherish the jeggings I saw in Marks and Sparks were definitely more fabric-ish, but, I think perhaps, less bendy. More like extremely tight legged trousers. I'm going to have to have another look and perhaps try some. I am going to look in Next too as glamma suggests.
I think it is fine for anybody to wear anything they like as long as they feel comfortable. I never wear mustard yellow because I would look ghastly, but I wouldn't try and tell anyone else not too. I think rules about not wearing certain types of clthes over forty, sixty or ninety are ageist and patronising.
Marmight so true! I can only try on leggings/jeggings/treggings when my bladder is empty otherwise I wet myself laughing at my 'image' in the mirror! I also look like Russ Abbot's Flying Officer Kite in knee length shorts! My problem is 'sparrow-legs' from the knees down. Maureen Lipman suggested checking the rear view many years ago when we all went mad for leotards/leggings and keep fit classes!
If, like me you are shortish and have beer bottle legs, I think these legging things should be avoided at all costs. If, like Marelli and others, you are tall and slim of leg, they are fine. I walked behind a woman yesterday who was wearing them; her a* * * was enormous and wobbled from side to side and her vpl was very visible! I think a reverse view mirror should be used before setting out thus attired .
I have worn leggings in the past but I'm going to try jeggings. If I'm right I think they are more of a fabric than a stretchy jersey, just slimmer on the legs than jeans. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
I bought a pair of navy legging this summer to go with a tunic DD1 bought me for my birthday. I was afraid I was a bit like mutton dressed as lamb, but you lot have reassured me.