Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Deodorant recommendation

(12 Posts)
Pamaga Sat 26-Mar-16 09:50:38

Over the years I have tried, without success, to find a deodorant or anti perspirant that doesn't leave white marks on dark clothing. Despite the claims of many manufacturers that their products worked, I found they didn't . My DD told me that her partner used Salt of the Earth Classic deodorant stick so I decided to try it. I love it: I never normally recommend products or services to people because what suits me may not suit others but I have to endorse this. It is not animal tested and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. It may seem expensive but it lasts ages. Some may dislike the fact it is unscented but, to me, this is an advantage because I can use my favourite perfumes without any scent clashes! Holland and Barrett sell this or you can buy online.

Luckygirl Sat 26-Mar-16 10:12:36

Mitchum stick deodorant unscented - perfect. No white marks and will last days if you want it to.

Indinana Sat 26-Mar-16 10:25:16

Some years ago I used a natural crystal deodorant which never left marks. You just wet the crystal and wipe it on your underarms - very new age, but it really worked. After about a year, though, I began to get a rash so I stopped using it. On reflection, I guess I should have just bought a new one - maybe the properties of the crystal change after a lot of use, who knows?

phoenix Sat 26-Mar-16 10:31:48

Has to be anti perspirant for me, not that I sweat much, just can't bear wet marks on my clothes.

Another vote for the Mitchum roll on here.

Pamaga Wed 30-Mar-16 08:38:26

Indiana, the one you used sounds like the one I am recommending. I have fairly sensitive skin and (so far) have had no rashes or break-outs.

Pamaga Wed 30-Mar-16 08:40:27

Oops sorry Indinana not Indiana - fat fingers and wonky eyes! x

kaybh Wed 30-Mar-16 15:34:37

i also use a crystal deodorant now, recommended to be by my daughter. i was skeptical but have to say it works for me!

kaybh Wed 30-Mar-16 15:35:39

although it's not an anti-perspirant, just a deodorant. if you're not much of a sweater it should be fine

missdeke Wed 30-Mar-16 16:54:14

Hate perfumed deodorant Pamaga , has to be unperfumed for me too.

jit5688 Tue 27-Aug-19 13:45:35

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Skye17 Fri 06-Sep-19 12:57:20

I find the crystal ones great (Pitrok). They do need changing every 4 months or so.

vena11 Fri 06-Sep-19 13:18:16

I use Salt of the earth no marks and no smell. Works for me and healthy for your skin .