Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Cotton Leggings

(11 Posts)
Tegan Tue 23-Aug-16 18:05:09

I've been living in cotton leggings for a bout 2 years but, blow me, everyone seems to have stopped selling them. M&S Indigo were my favourites but they don't seem to have them any more. Anyone got any ideas as to where I might get some cotton crop leggings now confused.I've tried some Lycra ones from M&S but it's like wearing a corset.

suzied Tue 23-Aug-16 18:12:52

www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/FSC02210E01.do?qtext=Leggings&x=15&y=5
Any here you like? Do you want the thin type or the ones that are more like trousers?

Tegan Tue 23-Aug-16 18:16:12

Thin ones [I wear them at the gym as well]. Seem to be long ones in the shops but no crop ones; I was planning to wear them under long baggy dresses this winter.

suzied Tue 23-Aug-16 18:22:54

I've bought some thin black ones from H and M.

Treebee Tue 23-Aug-16 20:16:59

www.kettlewellcolours.co.uk/products/trousers-skirts/item/34-length-leggings
Kettlewell's are good, I have the full length ones.

Teetime Wed 24-Aug-16 09:21:45

M & S have some cotton rich ones which I have sent for - will let you know how they are when they arrive. Have also sent for opaque tights- horrible thought back in tights!!

Tegan Wed 24-Aug-16 10:10:51

I can't seem to get my size in the M&S ones, although they do have some size 12 [breathes in]in grey which I'm trying to get sent to my local store. Because of my chunky legs I struggle with a lot of leggings [and tights]. However, I've just ordered some Kettlewell ones; had to order two sizes to see which ones fit but, if they do they're just what I'm looking for. Not cheap [that's an understatement shock] but, as I virtually live in them I'm prepared to pay anything. free postage and returns as well. Thanks ladies#knewyouwouldn'tletmedown!

Treebee Thu 25-Aug-16 11:34:47

I hope the Kettlewell leggings suit and fit you. No, they're not cheap but they're good quality.

Tegan Fri 26-Aug-16 11:21:03

They arrived today. The large are a bit wrinkly and the medium are tight [which I suppose they're meant to be]. I'm going to wear the medium ones and hold on to the larger ones [got 90 days to return them]and keep them if I burst out of the medium blush. They really are lovely, and the company are great to deal with. Thanks for the info Treebee. Teetime; the best opaque tights I've bought recently are from Asda. I have a large plastic container full of tights that I've bought in packs of three that don't fit me [it's because of my thundethighs sad].

Teetime Fri 26-Aug-16 17:02:04

Tegan I've seen you and you have neither thunderthighs or chunky calves you might be body dysmorphic though.smile

Autograph opaques for me they have silky feel and velvet feel more expensive but a pair lasts me weeks. Still waiting for my leggings what I am looking for now is long sweaters or knitted tunics to go over them.

Tegan Wed 31-Aug-16 11:05:55

Woolovers are good for tunics. I'll show you my thunderthighs when we have the meet up. I did the same at a diet club I used to go to; no one there could understand why I was a member so one day I showed them my legs; the whole room went silent and then they understood. I can't even get tights that go over my legs most of the time sad.