Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Feet growing?

(9 Posts)
MawBroon Tue 09-Jan-18 08:43:42

For most of my adult life my feet have been a size 5 1/2 or 6.
A lifetime on my feet in the classroom probably contributed to them being wide (D mostly, but often E)
However the last pairs of shoes and boots I have tried on -even Hotter WIDE fitting, Footglove WIDER fitting and Gabor LADY-Wide) have all felt tight and I find I need size 6 1/2
Weight? Feet flattening out? Feet more sensitive?
At least I am recognising the change but it also means that some perfectly adequate and mostly under worn shoes in the wardrobe will either stay there or be for the trip to the charity shop sad

MissAdventure Tue 09-Jan-18 08:50:33

A few years ago I began to have terrible problems with shoes. I could barely walk when wearing them, as my feet were so painful. I bought lots of different pairs, and considered making a doctors appt. Then I decided to have my feet measured.
Instead of my usual size 5, I found that one foot was now a 6, and the other was almost a 7 and a half!!
The shoe shop woman told me that feet spread: the connective tissue loses elasticity. blush

Teetime Tue 09-Jan-18 09:17:10

Sad but true- I did lose a bit of foot width when I lost weight though.

morethan2 Tue 09-Jan-18 10:06:11

You have my sympathies MawBroon I’m having real trouble with my left foot. I’ve had a bunion for decades that suddenly decided to grow painfully. I’ve also apparently got a morton’s neuroma and now a lump has developed on the top of my foot that’s grown along a nerve and makes big toe numb and is really painful. I walk as a coping mechanism for stress and I’ve had to give that up so I sit here getting fatter by the day because I’m comfort eatingblush as we speak there are about 10 shoes in a bag waiting to go to a charity shop. I’ve spent a fortune on shoes they fit in the shop and after one wear I realise that they are too painful to wear. So somone is going to get a a bargain at least three pair of hotter shoes never wornsad one pair worn twice. A pair of fittlop. A couple of M&S A few beautiful high heels. I have recently bought two pairs of reiker shoes/boots in the hope that I will at last find some comfort. Ps it’s taken me years to pluck up the determination to get rid of shoes that in my heart of hearts I know I just won’t be able to wear again.

MissAdventure Tue 09-Jan-18 10:29:11

morethan I don't suppose they're in size 6 and 7 1/2, by chance? I may be interested! smile

morethan2 Tue 09-Jan-18 10:33:52

SorryMissA there a 4/ 41/2 sad

MissAdventure Tue 09-Jan-18 10:53:14

Hopefully they'll go to someone who is really in need of some comfortable shoes. They'll bless the day they found them.

NanaandGrampy Tue 09-Jan-18 11:00:19

I once bought a pair of shoes I couldn’t stand up in! I put them on when I was seated at the wedding and then took them off to Home.

I loved them so much I put them on a shelf in my bedroom so I could adore them !

I know JUST how you feel Morethan

morethan2 Tue 09-Jan-18 11:06:57

N&G that made me grin just what I needed on this very grey day. Cheers