After the outcry about Meghan Markle’s eye wateringly expensive engagement picture dress, her white dressing gown coat and her hat on Boxing Say, is nobody prepared to give her credit for booosting a British manufacturer and opting for a high street piece?
Please stop calling her Harry's latest squeeze. That's offensive. She's his fiancee soon to be his wife and member of the RF. Probably to be a duchess, good luck to her. I don't envy her with what is to come vis a vis the press and other detractors.
annie, you'll have to channel hop!! I would guess both children will have a part to play - what will they wear, will they behave, will the happy couple get their names right?!!! The gossip in me is gearing up already!!!
Nor do their offspring automatically get the job when they die.Its called a MERITOCRACY ...where people have to work hard to get to the top of the tree .W O R K now thats a word a lot of the RF dont understand the concept of at all
Football or a royal wedding, I will have no need to toss a coin ?. Wonder if Charlotte is too young to be a bridesmaid , bet George will be a page boy.
I was hoping the press would leave Megan alone . I can't see Harry allowing his partner to suffer as his mum did ,and in consequence I fear one day he will say 'enough' and walk away. we will be the losers , as he is a great asset to the country and backup for William
Well, that's ridiculous, that jumper could have come from anywhere as you can't see it to make a judgement. Would those MnS balloon sleeves have fitted under that slim cut coat? Would the length of the MnS jumper tuck into trousers nicely even if one is ultra slim? See, one is already talking in one's royal voice.
Paddyann, why do you find it necessary to shout?! It's undignified and a tad childish! Surely you can express your views in a more measured way without resorting to hysterics?
she's hardly a "GIRL" for goodness sake ,she would have been middle aged until fairly recently and she's been married and divorced so not an innocent either.NIGGLY I dont just dislike royalty I abhorr the whole concept .You do know countries without monarchs get masses of tourists too and the PM 's or Presidents dont cost them over 300 MILLION a year ? Nor do their offspring automatically get the job when they die.Its called a MERITOCRACY ...where people have to work hard to get to the top of the tree .W O R K now thats a word a lot of the RF dont understand the concept of at all !!
Details of what any member of the RF wear are released to the Press (watch Royal Ascot, all the details of what the Queen is wearing are released just before she arrives).
I personally wouldn't rush out can't afford to buy anything worn by a member of RF or Celebraties
Kate has had a good influence on British Designers by wearing their clothes. I just wish every-one would stop comparing her & Meghan.
I wonder if there's something about Meghan that reminds Harry of his mother? Diana didn't seem to mind publicity so much. Whereas Kate seems to be a more private person.
She is a beautiful bright woman who has forged her own way, well done. Her mother has a proper job, she adopted her dogs from a dog shelter, she has a sparkle that attracted a young active army officer, let us not be part of that carping that may extinguish her brightness. Many of us do pick and mix with clothes, some designer some mainstream, albeit our designer ones might have been pre owned. May she continue to enjoy her life here in the UK.
If we had a President we would still have to fund their lifestyle and up to a point their families. Nepotism comes to mind! I'd much rather have the R.F. at least they bring in the tourists, champion good causes, give the economy a boost and usually look cheerful! Well worth the money I'd say! Who on earth would go to Russia to get a glimpse of Putin and family, or any other republican/communist head of state come to that!
I dont understand how some people can be so fickle as to not have their own ideas on how to dress, I might look in shops and on line and admire but no way would I have ever rushed out to buy the same thing. I really do not like how shops display rows of exactly the same item in every size possible, neutral colours are fine as you can always team them up with colour - having said all that i do make my own clothes so I am very lucky to have that skill, handed down to me by my lovely mum. It really is wonderful that sewing is actually being resurrected.
Does it really matter what she wears? Does any one discuss the clothes Prince Harry wears? Of course they don't. It is up to her what she spends her money on...she is obviously quite wealthy and earned her money as an actress on a well known TV programme. She is also an intelligent woman. Stop going on about her clothes...
We all get fashion ideas from seeing others and liking what we see, some are obviously obsessed with what royalty wear. One newspaper wrote a pathetic article about Kate copying Meghan, and showed pictures of them both in the same colour outfits but totally different styles, so how is that copying. The press are responsible for stirring up so much garbage, haven’t they learned from Diana ? Some of the outfits Kate dresses her children in are identical to how I used to dress mine, I still have one of the dresses and my granddaughters have even worn it. I have never been a royalist at all, too many hangers on etc but William and Harry have made them all more human because of Diana’s influence..... but it will always be a privileged lifestyle that we are funding.