Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

looking and feeling good

(6 Posts)
calamityjane Mon 15-Jan-18 13:19:53

just read a thread about no looking your best and it struck a chord with me. i'm definitely not looking my best at the moment having had the flu. i feel much better now, but look so tired, and have done since before i was ill if i'm honest. black bags under my eyes and dull skin and i'm starting to feel sick of it now, it's getting me down.

what do you do when you're not looking your best? i'm on the verge of booking a facial - never had one before, but am wondering if it might help to brighten up my face a bit.

ffinnochio Mon 15-Jan-18 13:36:51

Go ahead and have that facial, calamity, it may well be just the boost you need.
Been feeling a bit dreary myself, so had lots of my hair chopped off to the jaw line. Feel younger, brighter and, strangely, taller!

janeainsworth Mon 15-Jan-18 14:38:53

Agree with ffinnochio and would add that if you feel up to it, get out into the fresh air.
Have nice things to eat - if you can’t be bothered to cook, order something you fancy online from whatever supermarket you use. My mum always used to say a bit of what you fancy does you good smile
But take things easy until you’re really better.

Teetime Mon 15-Jan-18 14:48:13

I've just come back from back and neck massage, mini facial and foot spa (I won a comp) and it feels lovely - have a treat a facial is definitely great therapy.

calamityjane Mon 15-Jan-18 15:35:46

thank you all - i may go ahead and book a facial somewhere (no idea where to start in finding the right one - any ideas?). i suppose i've inly just realised how crap i'm actually feeling about myself. i might make a head start and get a bottle of nail varnish out this afternoon and give myself a pedicure smile

loopyloo Mon 15-Jan-18 15:52:42

Strangely, I have found a new dentist recently and he is slowly repairing and improving my teeth. This I find gives me an amazing boost. I had my hair cut and did not like it at all so did as other gns do and cut it myself. Lo and behold lots of compliments! Definitely, something that improves your appearance can really restore morale even bit by bit.
Next step is getting some weight off.