Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Eyelash alert ! Anybody used serums?

(88 Posts)
Lostmyglassesxx Mon 05-Mar-18 13:31:43

anybody used serims for eyelash growth.. mine are getting shorter and sparser .
Looking at branded options Rapid lash NYi etc and also reading about castor oil I want genuine reviews I can trust which I know I will find here as opposed to product endorsements elsewhere.! Also I am sure older eyelashes will react differently to younger ones as the hair growing cycle is different post menopause ...

Nippysweety Sat 05-Feb-22 20:37:56

I used Uk Lash which did help quite a lot. Noticed a difference after about 2 weeks.

CerysNorth Mon 29-Nov-21 02:36:02

I would say try dermalmd eyelash growth serum this serum made thickens the eye lashes and lengthens them. When I look to the side and into the mirror I can see how long they have gotten. From the front they look thicker and shiny even. Easy to apply and I just apply once a day and does the job.

Esspee Tue 19-Oct-21 15:30:42

I’ve just looked up the price of Revitalash. Don’t know about making your eyelashes grow but the price did make my eyes water!

FannyCornforth Tue 19-Oct-21 11:07:26

Elless sorry, last one!
How do the Revitalash and UK Lash compare?

FannyCornforth Tue 19-Oct-21 11:05:58

Elless it’s fantastic isn’t it! smile
I’ve got a couple of questions for you if you don’t mind:

How long have you been using it for? I’ve read a couple of reviewers say that their eyelashes ‘get used’ to the product and they stop responding, what do you think?

Have you used the UK Brow mascara?

How are your eyebrows, have they been as successful as your lashes?

Thank you!

hollysteers Tue 19-Oct-21 10:27:18

I use a white primer before the mascara, it makes a huge difference. An earlier poster mentioned L’Oréal, mascara and primer in one. Would never use mascara alone on my thin lashes now.
I also add fibres to that and he presto, long lashes!

Elless Tue 19-Oct-21 09:50:43

I was going to say exactly the same Fanny, I was fortunate to work at QVC and got staff discount on Revitalash which worked brilliantly and now I use UK Lash and UK Brow.

FannyCornforth Tue 19-Oct-21 06:04:32

I was thinking about starting a thread about this.
I use UK Lash and I can’t believe how long and thick my lashes are smile
It’s miraculous stuff. I’ve been using it for nearly three months.
I’ve also started using UK Brows and that seems to be doing the business now as well.
If you get if from QVC you can return it within three months.

JanetSmith45 Tue 19-Oct-21 04:08:04

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Skcr Sat 22-May-21 22:35:42

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Raphaelle55 Mon 17-May-21 11:56:22

lizzajohnson10 Wed 14-Oct-20 06:51:14

In fact, many of the eyelash serums help to develop eyelashes because they contain certain ingredients that make the hair follicle cells work harder, and they have other ingredients to promote the eyelash skin's health and minimize bacteria. Some may not be if they're of low quality. More natural substitutes, such as olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil, shea butter, vitamin E, and petroleum jelly, may also be chosen.

Kseniya Mon 12-Oct-20 20:27:41

By the way, I did not know about Vaseline, thanks dear!
after eyelash extension, a rest from mascara and castor oil helped me. the process is not fast, the eyelashes became the same thick and long after a couple of months

Glenfinnan Sat 10-Oct-20 22:40:43

I would like to tint my eyelashes at home. What products do the Gransnetters who do this use?

Natalia84 Tue 06-Oct-20 07:32:44

jonesdaisy Wed 08-Jan-20 09:03:05

The eye does not look beautiful only with eyebrows, but also needs to be very thick and Dark Eyelashes. Using castor oil, coconut oil, onion juices, aloe vera, lemon, etc. we can thicken the eyebrow as well, with the help of castor oil, coconut oil, and Careprost Eye Drop, we can achieve thicker and Long Eyelashes.

Nico97 Thu 02-Jan-20 22:28:49

?? hmm

NanTheWiser Thu 02-Jan-20 22:10:39

Reported

jura2 Tue 27-Aug-19 17:34:52

what do you think of those aritificial eyelashes- that are so ridiculously artitifcial and make women's eyelids drop - like Sharon currently on East Enders. And of course, look even more ridiculous in older women (sorry if that sounds ageist).

Trishhaz Tue 27-Aug-19 12:18:05

I have Blepharatis (very dry eyes) and I would like to have my eyelashes tinted as whatever brand of mascara I wear irritates my eyes. (I do always wear eyeshadow and eyeliner). Has anyone with itchy dry eyes had their eyelashes tinted? Does it make the itching / redness worse or not? Has anyone with Blepharitis tinted their own eyelashes?

Smiley4 Wed 26-Dec-18 08:57:19

Bit drastic. But I ripped mine out by accident with superglue a couple of years ago. And they grew back longer and darker than ever before.
As they were growing I put coconut oil on them every night so that may have helped.
But this method is not really recommended, or advised. ?

Nanna58 Fri 23-Nov-18 10:17:05

Mypennyfarthing41 my OH buys it for me at xmasfromAmazon
They do revitabrow, wonderful, plumped up my sparse brows

valeriej43 Tue 13-Nov-18 09:38:14

Sorry .forgot to say could also change the colour of your eyes to brown, especially if you have mixed colour eyes,like hazel etc
Although earlier on here someone said the ingredient which did this had been removed, obviously not

valeriej43 Tue 13-Nov-18 09:35:35

Just read the leaflet from my eyedrops and one of the side effects it says, could be lash growth and even a double row of lashes,
Still waiting,though hmm

EllanVannin Tue 06-Nov-18 12:11:09

What eyelashes ?