Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Hair products for older hair

(8 Posts)
bookworm57 Tue 19-Jun-18 11:57:29

Wanting to add a bit of oomph to my hair and keep it in good condition after my new haircut! smile

What products do you use that you're impressed with (shampoo, conditioner and styling)?

Doodle Tue 19-Jun-18 14:01:25

I've been using argon oil shampoo and conditioner recently. Has made my hair (very thick and with a mind of its own) softer and more manageable and less static.

Baggs Tue 19-Jun-18 14:11:19

Water and a good barber. I don't wash my hair any more; I wash my scalp with only water. The result has been that my scalp no longer itches and my hair (what there is of it) is just fine.

lemongrove Tue 19-Jun-18 18:15:15

Phil Smith ‘Big It Up’ shampoo, and no conditioner, when half dry a blob of any hair mousse applied with head upside down, then blow dry.

travelsafar Tue 19-Jun-18 18:36:22

I have been using Elvive shanpoo and conditioner for thin hair and the day after i have washed it my hair feels so much thicker, i am sure i read somewhere they put silica gel into the formula and this is what makes it feel thicker. Plus it smells lovely too.

MargaretX Tue 19-Jun-18 18:42:09

I use toppits. It is a powder which you sprinkle on a balding or thin patch and rub it in. It faintly colours the scalp and boosts the hair making it look fuller. It is expensive but nice to have for occasions. It washes out straight away. Men use it to fill out and darken a bald patch so long as the patch is not too large.

GrandmaMoira Tue 19-Jun-18 19:03:03

I use John Frieda thickening shampoo and conditioner which I think does make my fine hair look a little thicker. I can't use mousse like Lemgrove as my hair looks good at first but goes lank and greasy after a few hours.

bookworm57 Wed 20-Jun-18 17:35:12

These are great thanks -will definitely try some of them out. smile