Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Do your footsies slip off?

(21 Posts)
annodomini Fri 17-Aug-18 13:48:20

A friend recommended them and I bought some on line - good quality, well-known brand - but to no avail. They ended up round my insteps. They may be still at the bottom of my sock drawer!

goldengirl Fri 10-Aug-18 12:33:47

Boden have got some pretty ones in packs of 3. Bit pricey but they're the first ones I've come across that actually stay on.

JackyB Fri 10-Aug-18 06:54:15

On me they always come off just the one foot. The other one stays on fine. I've given up on them. I only used cotton ones, and still have some in the drawer.

What I did notice was that, under, say, black 'ballerinas' or other closed shoes, it looks better if you wear black ones rather than skin colour because any edges peeping out are less noticeable.

FlexibleFriend Thu 09-Aug-18 21:40:04

I wear trainer socks in trainers and bare feet in sandals, I can't think of anything worse than sweaty feet encased in nylon.

rubytut Thu 09-Aug-18 21:38:21

I bought a pack of 3 from Tesco, the black ones are perfect, good fit and do not slip the grey and white from the same pack both slip off within a couple of steps.

Chewbacca Thu 09-Aug-18 21:30:45

Yes! When they're brand new they fit perfectly but as soon as they're washed they double in size. There's nothing more uncomfortable than a rucked up footsie wedged between your instep and your sandal.

Sar53 Thu 09-Aug-18 21:15:10

I have some from Primark and they stay on ok.

Happiyogi Thu 09-Aug-18 17:33:04

I've recently got some cotton ones from Sainsbury's as the nylon ones were horrible in the heatwave. They are better behaved and more comfortable.

Jalima1108 Thu 09-Aug-18 16:12:32

I hate them - I bought some recently which were supposed to be non-slip, have only worn one pair once. They had some kind of grip in them which made my feet sore. They were a good make, can't remember which now.

Jalima1108 Thu 09-Aug-18 16:09:53

Better than wearing socks in bed though MissA wink

MissAdventure Thu 09-Aug-18 15:45:45

I used to date a man whose socks wouldn't stay on his feet.
It was really irritating (for me, that is)

Blinko Thu 09-Aug-18 15:21:35

I have some with plastic bands at the heel. They still slip off before I've walked twenty yards...

Daddima Thu 09-Aug-18 15:19:51

M&S ones have the wee plastic bits at the heel, as far as I remember.

Grannyknot Thu 09-Aug-18 15:13:51

My daughter calls those "Not-so-secret Socks" grin - you can always spot them peeking out.

That - and the fact they slip off the heel - has made me stop wearing them.

muffinthemoo Thu 09-Aug-18 15:06:07

I think it’s a matter of foot shape: I’ve never found any make that would stay on sad

chelseababy Thu 09-Aug-18 13:53:30

Primark sell the ones with a heel grip which usually stay on ok.

HootyMcOwlface Thu 09-Aug-18 13:42:37

I’ve tried a few different ones and they all slip off (as do those sock ones). Watching this with interest!

Bathsheba Thu 09-Aug-18 13:39:53

The best ones I ever had were from BHS, their own brand ?
However, Primark sell them in different foot sizes, can’t remember exaxtly which sizes, but if I buy the bigger ones (I take size 7) I don’t have much trouble with them.

PamelaJ1 Thu 09-Aug-18 13:33:42

I got some on tkmax that have plastic pads on the heel end to stop them slipping. They must be available elsewhere. The make is Elle.

Marydoll Thu 09-Aug-18 13:11:09

That happened to me yesterday! angry
I hope someone comes up with a solution. grin

Bigbonnet Thu 09-Aug-18 12:18:34

Can anyone tell me where to find "footsies" - those little nylon slip on socks that fit inside loafers or ballet pumps to stop your shoes rubbing your feet - that don't slip unde your foot two minutes after you start walking?