I think that ultramarine, mid grey , or navy go very well with teal , definitely not cream . I was a textile designer, so have a little experience of colour combinations.
Pale grey, goes with anything. ( I am the least capable person of advising anyone about fashion/clothes. I have answered from the different angle of what colours we are choosing to decorate our living room, teal and very pale grey).
About 5 years I had a very expensive designer teal suit for my sons very dressy wedding. I had cream shoes and bag, looking back I wish I’d chosen silver. So that would be my advice.
dancegran Cream would be perfect now would be the time to buy any accessories in the end of seasons sales. Soop You always pick such attractive outfits xx glamma xx
I think I like the idea of cream, to lighten things up a bit. Hadn't considered purple or plum, but that could be a nice combination, I already have some black heels. Hmm.... that's got me thinking now.
Hello danceagran I wore a teal outfit for my granddaughter's wedding. The turquoise hat went well with it. My shoes and a wee clutch bag were bronze. Hope that you find just the right thing for you.
I think the modern trend is not necessarily to be all 'matchy matchy' and have shoes and bags matching. Teal works with certain shades of dark purple and plum. So you could have that as a bag and then black shoes....but have suede ones for a change. Perhaps you could even go down the silver route, as that could look very smart. Certainly a dark metallic grey would work as well. Have a bit of fun and experiment. Most decent shops do not mind you taking something in to match.
I bought a new dress to wear at a wedding next month. The dress is teal, a quite dark greeny blue, which suits me. Now I can't work out what colour shoes and bag would work best with it. What would other Gransnetters choose to wear with that colour?