Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Mary Berry

(10 Posts)
clementine Sun 23-Sep-18 10:40:23

Saw this article and thought it quite interesting .

www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-6139269/Its-Mary-Berry-youve-never-seen-before.html

annsixty Sun 23-Sep-18 11:17:18

How quaint that she thinks those clothes are " ordinary".
I am slightly younger than her and my mind boggles as to when or where she would would wear such outfits.
Having said that she looks fabulous, just not real.

Fennel Sun 23-Sep-18 12:19:33

Wish I could wear those shoes!

NonnaW Sun 23-Sep-18 13:25:10

The hat looks fabulous on her.

SueDonim Sun 23-Sep-18 13:30:09

She looks lovely. Those are not all practical clothes but then this is a photo shoot. I'm envious of her walk-in wardrobes and impressed she has a dress that's over 60 years old and she still fits!

clementine Sun 23-Sep-18 15:01:55

Totally agree they are clothes for a " photo shoot" you certainly wouldn't put them on going shopping , but she does look good in most of them. I notice she doesn't wear the floral jackets , only when she was doing the Bake off !!

shysal Mon 24-Sep-18 09:50:48

None of those clothes in the shoot would suit me. Sadly I haven't stayed the same size for 60 years!
I do possess a jacket similar to one Mary wore in the early Bake-off days, which was featured on GN but wasn't keen on the bombers. Mine is a Next one but the pattern doesn't match up on the two fronts, a sure sign of a cheaper version! I also covet one I have seen her wear in documentaries, but have been unable to find one like it. It probably cost a fortune but would be timeless. I do like colour!

goldengirl Mon 24-Sep-18 11:34:56

She looks great! How does she keep so slim when she's baking all those cakes????

merlotgran Mon 24-Sep-18 13:58:45

A suitably dressed Mary Berry going aboard SIL's ship for part of her next series, whatever it is.

HannahLoisLuke Wed 26-Sep-18 08:30:14

I love her use of colour but I do wish she'd soften up that helmet hairdo.