Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Crepy Skin, what does everyone else use?

(8 Posts)
DillytheGardener Fri 14-Dec-18 20:57:59

I just bought Olay Regenerist for half price at £15 on special today at Tescos. Has anyone used it? Is it any good?

I have very dry skin this winter, crepy forehead and hands worse than normal this year. Any products working for Gransnetters?

Maggiemaybe Sat 15-Dec-18 00:19:35

I like the L'Oreal Age Perfect Rosy cream, Dilly. I tend to try anything that's on special offer, but this one usually is and it suits my very dry skin. I always use a good serum or facial oil underneath as well.

PamelaJ1 Sat 15-Dec-18 07:56:02

A dim light in the bathroom and a scarf whilst Skyping!

Grannyknot Sat 15-Dec-18 08:19:10

...and don't look down towards the screen!

Forget crepey, my grand-nephew asked why I had "chicken skin" on my arms. grin

I think all we can do is keep the skin moisturised.

DillytheGardener Sat 15-Dec-18 10:51:07

Ha Ha Ha, Grannyknot and PamelaJ1 you made me laugh!! Maggiemaybe, my skincare regime is similar to yours, what ever is on offer... I tried the one I bought and don't really like it, it makes my skin feel 'matte', and not lovely and soft. I will give the one you mentioned a go next time! (Also what serum/oil do you use?)

stella1949 Sat 15-Dec-18 11:57:37

I've been using Nivea Cream forever, and find that my skin is pretty good at 69. No crepey skin so far.

Maggiemaybe Sat 15-Dec-18 20:20:56

Again, whatever’s on offer, Dilly. I love the Aldi caviar serum - it’s really rich, cheap and lasts for ages. Unfortunately they only put it on the shelves once a flood and I’ve only had one! If I’d known how good it was I’d have stocked up. The oils seem to be much of a muchness really - the Nuxe one’s good, but a bit pricey.

EllanVannin Sat 15-Dec-18 20:39:58

Polyfilla--------a bucketful.