Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Nose hair

(15 Posts)
dragonfly46 Wed 02-Jan-19 10:24:09

How does anyone deal with nose hair?
I have tried the electric whizzy things but they do not seem to work and I have tried plucking them out but they seem to come back in abundance.
Help needed.

Grannyknot Wed 02-Jan-19 10:27:26

dragonfly I was horrified looking into a magnifying mirror the other day to see that I have nose hair that rivals that of my husband shock

So (in a bit of a panic) I waxed just into my nostrils using facial waxing strips - ouch but worth it.

I think the damn things grow back quickly much like other facial hair.

dragonfly46 Wed 02-Jan-19 10:51:59

Ouch Grannyknot that sounds painful.

sodapop Wed 02-Jan-19 12:00:50

Ouch indeed Grannyknot that must have been painful.
It seems to be a sad fact of life that whilst the hair on my head is getting thinner the rest of my facial hair grows in abundance. Must be careful not to get my caffeine shampoo on my face grin

MissAdventure Wed 02-Jan-19 12:10:05

I think I need to put my glasses on and have a squint up my nostrils.
I bet I find something awful!

Alexa Wed 02-Jan-19 12:14:26

We need nose hair to filter the air we breathe. the hairs at the entrance to nostrils that people can see at a casual glance are the problem.

Recommended: a disposable razor one end of which carefully inserted into the outer millimetre of each nostril and very slowly rotated .Daily. (Mild baby shampoo and water is a good lubrication) Best to change the razor really frequently as the sharper the safer, also keep razor well rinsed and dried.

seacliff Wed 02-Jan-19 12:19:59

Alexa, I didn't realise you were here too shock

phoenix Wed 02-Jan-19 12:24:27

There is NO WAY that I am putting a razor anywhere near my nostrils! shock

shysal Wed 02-Jan-19 12:32:46

I use one of these. The end is small enough to do a sweep around the nostril opening.
mini trimmer

Poppyred Wed 02-Jan-19 12:34:53

Hair removing cream such as Veet Sensitive does the job.

Fennel Wed 02-Jan-19 17:15:44

I've had them for years and just pluck out the protruding ones with tweezers now and again.
I don't think other people notice them, unless they're small people, looking up. Like grandchildren smile.

Alexa Wed 02-Jan-19 17:24:40

I think the optician notices really bad ones

Alexa Wed 02-Jan-19 17:25:10

But I don't care

sroge Sun 24-Feb-19 19:20:56

Glasses
I wear glasses for reading and I'm always taking them on and off and losing them! I have now been prescribed glasses for watching TV and driving. Does this problem just get worse as you age? Will I end up needing to wear glasses full time? I really don't want to wear them all the time.

dragonfly46 Sun 24-Feb-19 19:53:14

I wear contacts. One eye is for reading and one for distance. My brain adjusts so I have perfect sight.