Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Skirt and Boots

(8 Posts)
Dgrann777 Mon 07-Jan-19 19:23:50

Good evening.
Advice please, I am going to a quite posh lunch and am thinking of wearing a nice skirt or dress, but a bit cold for shoes so: calf length skirt and ankle boots
Below knee length dress with long boots
Or safe smart trousers and boots.
I haven’t been going out much since my husband died so am really lacking confidence.
I am 5ft2in so have to be careful I’m not swamped.
Sorry this sounds so trivial.

Teetime Mon 07-Jan-19 19:29:37

They all sound nice but I always think a dress makes me fell poshed up. I would wear long boots as I have fat legs but if you have bood legs ankle boots are proably trendier. Enjoy yourself .

MiniMoon Mon 07-Jan-19 19:30:07

I think any of your choices would be lovely. I would probably go for the calf length skirt and ankle boots, just because I think my ankle boots are gorgeous, and would want to show them off! ?

MacCavity2 Mon 07-Jan-19 19:33:46

Not trivial at all Dgrann777, something to look forward to. As you will be sitting most of the time I would concentrate on the top half. Something colourful, beautiful scarf, nice necklace. Have a great time.

Chewbacca Mon 07-Jan-19 19:37:44

I agree with Teetime; smart dress and knee boots look smart everytime.
Hope you enjoy your lunch Dgrann777, whichever outfit you decide on.

PECS Mon 07-Jan-19 19:41:59

I would say try on all options/combinations ..you will know when you feel comfortable and right.. that is the outfit!
Have a lovely time..you will look great!

Dgrann777 Mon 07-Jan-19 21:00:19

Thanks for the advice ....
Think I will go with ankle boots and dress or skirt ( whatever I feel most comfortable in) and dress up - camoflague- top half . Nice to chat.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 07-Jan-19 21:04:07

Enjoy your lunch, come back and let us know how it went and what you wore.