Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

This is what we all need!

(9 Posts)
Elegran Thu 10-Jan-19 20:04:38

A handheld printer that scans the skin of your face and hands and precisely applies tiny amounts of make-up to remove age spots, burst blood vessels and other blemishes!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-46831270/ces-2019-skin-printer-wipes-years-from-your-face

Baggs Thu 10-Jan-19 20:10:13

Aye, right.

Elegran Thu 10-Jan-19 20:13:05

Well, it is being demonstrated in Las Vegas.

FarNorth Thu 10-Jan-19 20:13:36

grin

M0nica Fri 11-Jan-19 15:27:29

I watched the link and have mixed feelings about it. It was very simple to use and used very little product, but took quite a while to do and you still have to add blusher and eye make-up.

I wear make-up, but I am not a slave to it and as far as I can see you can get much the same effect much faster the old fashioned way with a drop of foundation cream on your fingers and then spread over your skin.

Elegran Fri 11-Jan-19 15:59:53

The equipment won't be cheap to buy for an individual and it will need careful cleaning and maintenance between clients if it is used in a beauty salon. I can imagine it becoming a gadget for a top model or a quite expensive treatment in a salon.

NanKate Fri 11-Jan-19 17:06:33

Iā€™d like a go, but suspect the price will be astronomical.

HildaW Fri 11-Jan-19 17:11:54

Oh am so glad I am just happy if I have not got a coffee 'moustache' that I had not noticed or an over enthusiastic nose hair that is escaping. Thankfully I am just in the 'clean and presentable' clan with the very odd exception if going somewhere or to something a bit special. I'd hate to have to go back to the days of needing full blow dry and face everyday....so exhausting.

Cherrytree59 Fri 11-Jan-19 17:20:22

Brings a whole new meaning to High maintenance ?