Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Facials

(5 Posts)
NanKate Fri 11-Jan-19 17:15:30

A few years back when I was still working I had the occasional Elemis facial and I must admit my skin definitely improved. After a very stressful year last year I have noticed how bloomin old I look and realise I need a bit of perking up in the face department. I checked up on the latest prices and was horrified to see a single facial now costs £76.00?. I don’t think I could bring myself to pay this amount for 2 or 3 sessions. Any ideas for a cheaper option ?

Ilovecheese Fri 11-Jan-19 18:03:22

I would go to your local salon and see what they have to offer, my local one charges between £20 - £35 depending on what treatments are included. Maybe with Elemis you are paying more for the brand name rather than the actual treatment.

Jennyhampshire1 Fri 11-Jan-19 18:08:55

My local college has a health and beauty salon set up to train students. They use great products and only the more experienced students are used as therapists and a fraction of the cost. Worth checking out ?

NanKate Sat 12-Jan-19 07:45:59

What a good idea Jenny I now remember someone telling me about our local College.

Teetime Sat 12-Jan-19 10:16:47

I would defintely try the college I hzve been to the local one and it was excellent