Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Look Fabulous Forever

(34 Posts)
NotAGran55 Sat 02-Mar-19 14:19:22

Has anyone been to the pop-up shop or had a makeover there ?

Quite tempted to try it ahead of a family wedding .

trisher Mon 24-Jun-19 09:49:48

I'm disappointed! When I saw the title of this thread I hoped it was going to give me some sort of magic formula, now I find it's just a sort of advert for some make-up and a place I can't get to. I should be old enough to know better hmm

Daisymae Mon 24-Jun-19 08:59:09

I like the concept and the colour however I didn't find the quality great. Makeover is a good Idea though and a nice day out!

Oldfossil Mon 24-Jun-19 00:17:59

I haven’t worn makeup for decades not on principle, and definitely not because I am lovely without it but just because, when I did dabble with makeup, I couldn’t see any improvement. Rather than making me prettier, it made me look like a man in drag. Once, years ago, realising that I was inept at the application process, I had makeup professionally applied. When asked for a reaction, my husband gazed at me slowly before saying, thoughtfully,
‘ Well....you look very...orange..’ I didn’t try again!

Peonyrose Mon 17-Jun-19 19:54:40

I can't believe whose looking at me when I look in the mirror.

EllanVannin Sun 16-Jun-19 14:40:46

Years ago I had a makeover which was an Estee Lauder promotion at Lewis's in Liverpool. I felt a million dollars and the transformation was such that I didn't recognise myself when I looked in the mirror----------sadly, nobody else recognised me either as H said when I got in " did you bring anything for tea ?"

Bordersgirl57 Sun 16-Jun-19 12:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yorksherlass Mon 10-Jun-19 21:23:59

I bought and tried it, wasn’t for me, sent it back.

rubysong Mon 10-Jun-19 18:57:05

When I was (briefly) blonde I saw a photo in the paper of Grayson Perry; we could have been sisters!

NotAGran55 Mon 10-Jun-19 17:22:27

I finally got round to booking a session and it’s tomorrow- very much looking forward to it but a bit nervous too : ) It’s in Guildford at another pop-up-shop recently opened rather than Wimbledon which is a shorter drive . Wish me luck !

NotAGran55 Wed 06-Mar-19 16:46:08

Thank you all smile I think I will give it a go when I’m off work at Easter .

Maggiemaybe Mon 04-Mar-19 22:21:30

Chewbacca, I had my photo taken next to the life-size cutout of Nora Batty at the Last of the Summer Wine cafe in Holmfirth recently, putting my best resting bitch face forward. We could have been sisters. grin

Sorry, NotAGran, I couldn't resist. As you were.

Suki70 Mon 04-Mar-19 21:45:40

No testers but if you don't like it you can send it back with postage refunded. There's an ordinary foundation and a lighter beauty balm one. There are five shades and the website has advice on choosing the right one..

GillT57 Mon 04-Mar-19 19:13:12

I would like to give it a try but I am not sure about ordering a foundation without trying it on my skin first, do they send you little testers or something?

DanniRae Mon 04-Mar-19 18:56:06

Not for me as I don't wear make-up!

Smiley4 Mon 04-Mar-19 18:48:12

I use some of their products. And I like them. But the pop up shop is too far away for me to visit. But if I could, I would definitely go.

Jessity Mon 04-Mar-19 17:52:01

I gave up on LFF because the cases were flimsy, eye shadows broke at the hinges, lipstick and concealer cases cracked in pieces and fell apart.

Suki70 Mon 04-Mar-19 17:24:01

I haven't been for a makeover at the pop up shop but have used some LFF make up for some time. There are frequent offers and when it was my birthday recently I was given 20% off for the whole month. The face primer is good and was in the goody bag given to actresses at the 2018 Oscars. The blusher is the best I've ever used. Concealer is also good but Maybelline is a cheaper equivalent. I didn't like the smell of the foundation. The good thing about this make up is that if you don't like anything you can return it for a no quibble refund.

NotAGran55 Mon 04-Mar-19 16:53:50

Hello Goldenspring thank you for coming out of lurk mode !
It would be a ‘ day out ‘ from where I live to go to shop but I was drawn in by the fact that the range is formulated for mature women and that the cost can be set against products.

I need some new stuff anyway and thought it might be an
idea to have makeover as a treat and to get some ideas . I don’t ever vary my make up .

Do you think their products aren’t much different to other ranges ( in the same price range ? )

Goldenspring Mon 04-Mar-19 09:37:49

Hello, I’m a bit of a lurker and haven’t posted very much. I have, however, been to the pop up shop in Wimbledon for a makeover! It cost £50. To be honest I thought it was OK but I was slightly disappointed in that she didn’t really tell me anything I didn’t already know. The make up is good quality but I think you can buy similar quality elsewhere at a cheaper price. The good thing about the makeover is that you can buy make up and set the cost against the £50 you paid so it’s worth buying some of it!

NotAGran55 Sun 03-Mar-19 16:56:23

Not a problem Lemongrove smile l don’t chit - chat much on forums or in real life for that matter , but happy to ‘listen’ to others around me .

lemongrove Sun 03-Mar-19 15:52:58

Chewbacca not to worry, you are the looker of The Argy!

lemongrove Sun 03-Mar-19 15:51:22

Sorry NotAGran didn’t mean to hijack your thread.?

NotAGran55 Sun 03-Mar-19 14:35:33

Thank you for sharing your experience NanKate .

I was hoping to hear if anyone had been to the Look Fabulous Forever pop-up shop specifically.

Chewbacca Sat 02-Mar-19 21:28:18

Lemon how I wish we could change our heads! Every time I look in the mirror I'm wearing this one. It's STILL shocks me when I see it.

lemongrove Sat 02-Mar-19 21:08:22

I would have to keep my body under wraps though.