Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Palm oil users. The list

(6 Posts)
craftyone Mon 22-Apr-19 06:52:31

Most of us know about the desecration of rainforest for palm oil production. Most of us have no idea of how many products contain palm oil, so I found a list and am horrified at the so-called ethical names that are in there

www.whiterabbitbeauty.com/bunnyarmy/article-palm-oil.html

Nico97 Mon 22-Apr-19 07:28:39

Wow that list is a right eye opener ! Thank you craftyone

craftyone Mon 22-Apr-19 07:36:54

yes, I am going to be looking at changing buying habits. The wwf link is important and guess which ethical aompany sold out to a company right at the bottom of the list. Liz earle. It is all about money but we consumers can make a difference in small steps. I will be making a list for myself

Firecracker123 Mon 22-Apr-19 08:06:20

Not only beauty products, Hot Cross Buns from Tesco have palm oil listed as one of the ingredients, I won't be buying them again and will be checking all products food and beauty. Thanks for the link.

craftyone Mon 22-Apr-19 08:47:50

I too am utterly shocked

I found a list of products that don`t use palm oil at all, it is australian and I would love a list of uk products. The link is a very good read
www.travelfordifference.com/list-palm-oil-free-products/

I use a`kin hair products and their ethos is to be palm oil free, so that is a tick.

I have also cross posted on the aibu thread. I ate biscuits yesterday, they will have contained palm oil. Home baking 100% of the time from now on

I have to say it is thanks to the protestors in the last few days. I don`t agree with all their tactics but it has made me think

craftyone Mon 22-Apr-19 09:06:35

my last post, having taken up a lot of space I was wrong about boycotting. I have decided to be selective, to still use palm oil but it has to be from a sustainable source

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-reason-i-wont-boycott-palm-oil_uk_5bed8b99e4b07f6a97f8deef?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF5pJuqV9vw0dhx5weeWavP04iViySqd5IZojm1ko497XSC3ebiLc6-axM7caqQkELDQwezw6OcbAI6ijG186hniGt0t9Bc10TDZbYK92IT61TaO5OkcsJDj3OMnNHd3gQD7I62lrdtpGDl6JLAB7T6jrYKbXTRasKFqHGqyxhtx