Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

CACI skin treatment

(22 Posts)
Oldfossil Mon 24-Jun-19 00:26:34

Have any Gransnetters had this treatment? I believe it involves mild electrical stimulation ( rather than shocks!) I have never gone in for treatments but have been wondering if this one would help to shore up my jowls and sagging jawline.

Grannyknot Mon 24-Jun-19 07:13:05

Hi Oldfossil I had a friend who swore by Caci and she had lovely skin so I had a couple of treatments for my saggy jowls (back when I was self-conscious about them smile ). I'd say it does work to tighten up facial muscles or helps to achieve a more defined jawline but you have to keep it up and it's not a cheap treatment.

Perhaps there are some beauty professionals on GN who would know more!

I've made peace with my jowls these days.

PamelaJ1 Mon 24-Jun-19 09:46:27

I not only have had CACI but I provided the treatment in my salon.
I always evaluated very carefully the effectiveness of a treatment before I took it on.
The machine cost about £7000 back in the day so I needed to have faith.
I never regretted it.

I have sold the salon now but they are still providing the treatment(with an updated machine!).
It is worth thinking carefully before starting a CACI course because it is expensive so you will need commitment.

Firstly you will need a course of at least 10, fairly close together then a top up every month. However if you have the treatment for ,say, three years then have to stop for any reason there will still be a residual benefit
When I first bought the machine I had 10 treatments on one side of my face only. There was a definite difference.

Grannyknot- I’m sorry but IMO you wasted your money.
This treatment is cumulative and 2 sessions would have achieved virtually nothing.

Missfoodlove Mon 24-Jun-19 09:50:22

I also have a friend who has it. She looks fab.
Our local college has a training salon where you can have it done super cheap.
If budget is an issue it may be worth researching

mcem Mon 24-Jun-19 09:55:29

Several years ago my sister had these treatments regularly and often.
I declined.
A few years on, her skin is far worse than mine.
It looks weathered and sagging and has masses of wrinkles where I have virtually none.
However she did smoke (now vaping!) so that might in part explain it.

mcem Mon 24-Jun-19 09:57:19

Ps will ask DiL her opinion as a dermatologist.

trisher Mon 24-Jun-19 10:06:22

Never heard of this. Had to Google it. But one thing puzzles me, I can see that you might see an improvement when you have it but in several years time how can you possibly know if you look better than you might have without it? I think it's largely genetic anyway. SIL has spent loads on her skin over the years but my mum commented that her skin at 90+ looked better than SIL's at 70. I'm just hoping I have mum's genes.

EllanVannin Mon 24-Jun-19 10:10:21

Going on diets through life won't help sagging skin either as the first place that weight-loss is noticed is in the face where loss of muscle is evident and difficult if impossible to regain.
Retain your " chubby " faces, there are no wrinkles, etc on a balloon ! smile

trisher Mon 24-Jun-19 10:28:01

EllanVannin I think it was Barbara Cartland who said you could choose to keep your face or your figure but not both. Although I think many are now trying with surgery grin

EllanVannin Mon 24-Jun-19 10:31:37

Well trisher, I must say that lips like rolls of lino don't enhance a thin scraggy face and botox doesn't last forever.

Grannyknot Mon 24-Jun-19 17:03:21

HI Pamela thank you and that's useful to know, I'm not upset. I only had it twice (and it came with a good facial too) so I am pleased I didn't sign up for a course.

I can't imagine having to fork out £100 (which is what it costs around here) every single month for "maintenance". shock

Oldfossil Mon 24-Jun-19 19:45:46

Thanks for all the info and advice. I have now researched the cost and am having second thoughts. My question was prompted by a surprise gift for my 70th birthday DSs announced that they have arranged a professional photography session, to take place outdoors ( Richmond Park) with all the brood. A nice idea, but I panicked, silently, about the images I’ll be leaving for posterity. Shallow, I know! The ‘shoot’ is due to take place in a few weeks, so the CACI wouldn’t have enough time to transform me, sadly. Perhaps I should rely on an artfully tied scarf - or simply stop fretting.

oldgimmer1 Mon 24-Jun-19 20:20:27

Not CACI, but Genie, which is similar. It involves a current being passed through your face. Imho it definitely works. It cost £800 for a course of treatment. I had it about 10 years ago and decided in the end I didn't really need it.

I also have a device called Oralift which is a bit like a gumshield. It holds your mouth in one position and supposedly lifts your face. Another £800! I still have it, and use it fairly regularly.

Oddly, the one thing that has really made a difference to my jowls is weight training. Must be all that grimacinggrin

Avor2 Mon 24-Jun-19 21:02:35

We used to have CACI at the salon I used to work at, it is very expensive but having a course of it works, its always worth a go, we used to show how it worked by working on one side of your face and leaving the other as normal and you would notice a difference immediately, but you had to have at least a course of it, possibly more. Most of these things are ok for a while but you have to keep it up - like losing weight, you have to do it forever!!!!! Have a try but I am sure you are perfectly fine the way you are. xxx
When you have a photoshoot, they make you look fabulous, hair, face and the rest, I would just stick with that if I were you. Enjoy it xxxx

Oldfossil Mon 24-Jun-19 23:12:20

Thanks, Avor2 I will do as you say, go with the flow and enjoy it.smile ( Can’t find a smiley face with jowls and double chin!)

oldgimmer1 Tue 25-Jun-19 07:11:47

Have you considered a thread lift, @oldfossil?

Cambia Tue 25-Jun-19 07:24:57

Just starting on a course when I get back from holiday. £600 for ten sessions with two extra free ones. Had the eye lift last week and was very impressed. Think it must work better than just facial massages as it is working the facial muscles. Will let you know!

Ginny42 Tue 25-Jun-19 07:35:44

A good facial ( I like Elemis/Clarins) always perks up my skin which can be a bit grey looking some days. It boosts the circulation , so I walk out looking brighter and more toned. For a photoshoot a facial and a professional make up might do the trick.

PamelaJ1 Tue 25-Jun-19 09:34:55

Trisher you will never know, but that’s true for a lot of things in life.
If you want good skin then:
Choose your parents carefully.
Keep it clean, in as kind a way as possible.
Protect it from the sun
Don’t smoke
Don’t drink too much alcohol.
Eat well, not too much of course!
Use the money you’ve saved for paying for a lovely facial. No harm in giving the skin a boost every now and then.
Lie back and enjoy.

Oldfossil Mon 01-Jul-19 22:30:20

oldgimmer1 A thread lift - that sounds intriguing. Would need to be heavy-duty thread! Cambia Please do let us know how you further CACI treatments go!

blondenana Mon 01-Jul-19 23:16:34

Been reading on mumsnet about someone who has a Tua Trend,facial exerciser,she swears by it and says she can see a difference in jowls,it was recommended to her by someone else who uses it,
Might be worth having a look,
I have Nu Face microcurrent device which i use most nights and it does seem to keep jowls at bay,
I only use it for about 10 minutes, and do it while watching TV

Bikerhiker Tue 02-Jul-19 08:51:49

I know someone aged 80 who has done daily facial exercises for 20 years. She looks great but of course she might look great anyway! I don't know when she first saw a difference.