Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Piercings....

(53 Posts)
Shirleyw Wed 17-Jul-19 16:14:27

....i have two in one ear lobe and one in the other...had that done many years ago when i was 20....today, at 60...got my tragus pieced lol....I rather like it, my daughter suggested it lol....its a very small silver stud with a sparkle, nothing 'in your face'......do you like piercings?

Shirleyw Thu 18-Jul-19 17:37:52

LOL dannirae.....

great to read your replies

nanny2507 Thu 18-Jul-19 17:41:16

i had my tragus done too. But i always get flu like feelings when i use an earring in it..apparently its my bodys way of saying it doesnt like it

MiniMoon Thu 18-Jul-19 20:17:36

I had my ears pierced when I was about 20. I did it on impulse when passing a small jewellery shop. I love my earrings and have all sorts. I wouldn't have any other body part pierced though.

Glammy57 Thu 18-Jul-19 22:06:07

I have one piercing in each earlobe and wear small studs or short drop earrings every day. Personally, several body piercings do not appeal to me!

knickas63 Thu 18-Jul-19 22:31:42

I have 2 in each ear, although I think the second set have healed up. I did consider getting my belly done about 15 year ago, but thought a pretty little gem would have got lost and a door knocker would have suited better, so let that one go. I like piercings, and tattoos- up to a point. My girls have ears, tragus, nose and belly piercings, my son had ears and an eyebrow, but his have healed up. Boy has one tattoo on his chest, youngest Dd has several, but they are not in your face. I was 'given' a tattoo for my 50th, but still not decided what to have yet.

oldgimmer1 Fri 19-Jul-19 07:59:18

I'm not so keen on tattoos. I used to work with a very big woman whose arms were covered in sleeve tattoos. She lost loads of weight and her tattoos were ruined! They kind of just shrunk along with her armsgrin.

When I had my second lot of ear piercings done, one of them got infected and the stud earring I was given was swallowed up by the infected lobeshock. I had to go to AandE to get the bloody thing out.

DanniRae Fri 19-Jul-19 08:20:22

Thanks Shirleyw - always good to find that someone has enjoyed one of my posts grin

blondenana Wed 07-Aug-19 23:27:41

Had my ears pierced when i was about 25, and a second lot when i was about 45,the second ones are tiny birthstones in upper ear, and are never taken out except to clean occasionally
My usual lobe ones are wedding ring types
I could only ever wear gold or silver once upon a time because of nickel in them, but i think nickel has been banned now so i can wear cheaper ones sometimes,
I don't like piercings anywhere else and think they are gross, especially belly button and tongue one and i don't feel dressed without them

Peonyrose Sat 10-Aug-19 17:40:54

Happy with ear piercings, but a beautiful girl served me today with two rings through her nostrils and a tattoo on her neck, I could barely look, it turned my stomach. I thought she had spoilt what she has. But I do not like tattoos or face piercings at all, I dread one of my gc having one.

Parsley3 Sat 10-Aug-19 17:46:53

I have two piercings in each ear and I wear small diamond studs with dangly earrings. I love being thought of as common and trashy as I otherwise live a very conventional existence. Yeh!

MissAdventure Sat 10-Aug-19 18:17:12

I love dangly earrings too, and if they sparkle that's even better!
My daughter used to say "don't forget to put on your pat butchers!"

rubysong Sat 10-Aug-19 19:19:58

2 in left lobe, 1 in right lobe. The second in the left was done to show a friend who was nervous that it didn't hurt too much.
DS2 had a brow piercing when he was younger but had to remove it when he got a ski season job at Aspen USA. He never put it in again when he came home.

BlueBelle Sat 10-Aug-19 19:23:50

I have two ear piercings in each but only use the bottom ones I love dangly sparkly earrings too No tats and no other piercings
My grandkids (all teens) have a variety of belly buttons and three or four ear piercings each, one has her tongue pierced which I don’t like but it’s not mine
One has a small tat on her hip so far others haven’t followed
All three of my children had a couple of smallish tats each in unexposed places, two had nipple rings but now long gone and one had tiny side nose ring again long gone
My youngish manager has loads of tats on her neck arms legs and a few face piercings Lovely girl and good at her job

trisher Sat 10-Aug-19 19:28:56

I hate piercings-don't ask me why but I have a complete phobia about them. Even watching someone put earrings in makes me squirm. When my DS was younger he went away to camp and cme back with a safety pin in one ear, I cried! (He took it out1)

downtoearth Sat 10-Aug-19 19:49:56

2 lobe piercings,have let second lot close up, they where done 35 years ago,first lot done at 14, 52 years ago.

Mine where done in a jewellers,but a lot of friends where doing theirs by freezing lobes and pushing sterilised needle through into a cork?

Two tatts on places not visible,might have another

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 10-Aug-19 21:11:26

Ears pierced in my early 20s. Love my dangly earrings. Never go out without a pair sometimes shortish but usually long. DH made me a pair a few Christmas's ago. Super long

MissAdventure Sat 10-Aug-19 21:27:57

Oh they're lovely! smile

Peonyrose Sun 11-Aug-19 06:11:31

Bluebell, nipple piercings and tongues I cannot understand. I know none of us have any say in what grown up gc do, but just the thought of them doing that to themselves is upsetting. The boobs particularly, the risk of obesity catching on something and doing damage fir a start. I think piercings should not be permitted until 15/16. Piercings and tattoos 18. How many end up with these things they regret later. One boyfriend had my name tattooed across his hand and I finished with him, why would he do that, did he think it would impress me? Just the opposite, he's probably had to find a girl with my name!

Peonyrose Sun 11-Aug-19 06:12:28

Not obesity, where did that come from, it should have been one catching.

BlueBelle Sun 11-Aug-19 07:01:23

Peonyrose the nipple piercings were two of my own children one male, one female (about 25/ 30 years ago) and done as adults and after they d left home, both removed after a year or two. Both very professional people it was a fad I guess
The granddaughter with the tongue stud is current and I don’t like it but it’s not my tongue I bet it ll be removed when she gets a bit older
There are already rules about ages for piercings and tattoos and any registered tattooists don’t tattoo under 18? (I think it’s 18) but people do their own piercings and there’s always somewhere they can find to tattoo them I bet many regret them later
I think all five of my granddaughters have their belly buttons done (very current I guess) don’t think either grandson have any piercings or tatts so far

Oldwoman70 Sun 11-Aug-19 08:13:26

Had my ears pierced years ago - no other piercings or tattoos. I recall the daughter of a friend who said she wanted to get a nose piercing - her mother replied that it would be a very good look - especially when she had a cold! The girl decided against it!

TwiceAsNice Sun 11-Aug-19 10:15:48

I have a single piercing on each ear done in my twenties. I wear different earings every day to match what I’m wearing . Feel undressed without them. I would not be pierced anywhere else though and definitely no tattoos. I don’t like them at all

BradfordLass72 Sun 11-Aug-19 11:38:33

After a visit from a man friend of mine, all perfectly innocent I can assure you, he rang to ask if I'd found his Prince Albert.

I had no idea what he meant but once he'd explained I found it stuck between the planks of the deck.

GagaJo Sun 11-Aug-19 11:48:02

Just ears. I did have the top of my ear, the helix, pierced, which I liked, but because I only wear silver (don't like gold), it discoloured so I took the ring out. Didn't occur to me until it was too late that I could have got white gold or platinum!

I mostly like piercings on others. Less of a fan of tattoos although I admit to having a yen for a white ink tattoo. They're very pretty.

Regardless of my personal feelings, I'd never cast judgement on what others choose. Personal choice. Although I don't like face or neck tattoos. I think they cause negative reactions in some viewers.

GagaJo Sun 11-Aug-19 11:48:46

Bradfordlass72, HOW did it get in the decking??????