Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Name of perfume oil

(10 Posts)
RedHotPolkaDot Wed 24-Jul-19 12:13:48

Hello grans and grandpas, hoping someone with a good memory can help me. Been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the musk oil that came in a black tube with, I think, a silver top. I think it also had silver writing on it. Looked a bit like s mascara tube. I can’t for the life of me remember the name, hoping somewhere out there can. Must have been about the mid 70’s or so, TIA

tiredoldwoman Wed 24-Jul-19 12:28:26

Styx ?

fizzers Wed 24-Jul-19 12:32:32

this one? Houbigant?

Willow500 Wed 24-Jul-19 13:38:46

That's the one I was thinking of too fizzers - I loved it back in the 70's. I seem to remember buying a bottle a few years ago so maybe it's still made.

fizzers Wed 24-Jul-19 14:36:50

Willow500 perhaps have a look on ebay? you may be able to get some on there. Am sure this company used to do little bottles of oils, musk, patchouli, etc,

Alexa Wed 24-Jul-19 14:52:28

You should take care it's the real thing. I bought a bottle of Tweed expecting it to be Lentheric and it wasn't although the label looked sort of like the real thing, I use it as a bathroom spray now.

toscalily Wed 24-Jul-19 16:47:22

I have never heard of that one but found this: www.goshcopenhagen.com/uk/musk-oil-no-6-perfumed-oil-10-ml.html

Who knows what a wonderful effect it could have (for some of us) grin

blondenana Thu 25-Jul-19 11:02:10

Pagan? in a very small bottle but very strong
Jovan is musky too

Luckylegs Fri 26-Jul-19 19:12:01

Musk by Alyssa Ashley? A different perfume by Alyssa Ashley was given to me just before I had my daughter and I so loved the name I called my daughter Alyssa. I didn’t give her the two names as I thought it might become as well known as Elizabeth Arden for instance when she grew up. I needn’t have worried about that!

blondenana Wed 31-Jul-19 10:12:24

The body shops musk oil is lovely too