Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Cotton PJ's

(8 Posts)
EllanVannin Sun 04-Aug-19 08:54:24

When I was working I used to buy silk pyjamas. So comfortable and a luxury on the skin. They were expensive at the time but are probably twice the price now. I did buy some beauties at half the price in Chinatown Sydney some years ago.
Now I have satin during the summer and thick fleece in the winter ! How fashions change with age.

DoraMarr Sun 04-Aug-19 08:33:25

Toast pyjamas are lovely - pure cotton, traditional styling, beautiful designs. Pricey, however, which is why I wait for their sales. I’m wearing a pair of blue narrow striped seersucker ones as I type this.

GabriellaG54 Sun 04-Aug-19 00:39:12

Primark had some really nice ones last year with straight leg bottoms and short-sleeve button up jacket with revere collar and breast pocket. Only in white cotton with a silky stripe (similar to some duvet sets)
Collar and pocket were edged with silky stitching.
I liked them so much I went back and bought 5 more pairs. They were £4 per pair...really.
They wash brilliantly.
See if they stock them again this Autumn.

Sealover Thu 01-Aug-19 20:29:14

Thank you for your suggestions, will have a look at web sites.

J52 Wed 31-Jul-19 09:46:12

I also get mine from John Lewis, they are finished in the traditional way with piping, a small pocket on the jacket and get better with age and washing.
They tend to have short sleeved versions in the summer, in beautiful cotton lawn. You could probably snap up a pair in their current sale.

TwiceAsNice Wed 31-Jul-19 09:07:29

Peacocks do nice cotton traditional style pyjamas but have always bought as a Christmas present in the winter. They may be a seasonal buy and not available at the moment but they came in pretty prints and the material was brushed, very soft to wear

Teetime Wed 31-Jul-19 09:07:24

Try Cyberjammies- John Lewis have them I have one of their cotton nightshirts - beautiful quality, washes and wears well.

Sealover Wed 31-Jul-19 06:47:17

Would really like some 'proper' cotton PJ's with a shirt style top. Not near any decent shops so probably would be on line. Looking for recommendations please?