Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Walking shoes with arch support

(5 Posts)
Peonyrose Fri 02-Aug-19 07:55:43

I don't know if this is the correct forum. Does anyone have experience of Planctar Fascilitus and the shoes they wear to help. I bought two pairs of Sketchers, which are foam lined but make it worse as there is no arch support.

Vonners Fri 02-Aug-19 11:15:11

I don't suffer from plantar fasciitis but have painful archs, they seem too arched if you get my drift.

I was told by a podiatrist to avoid Skechers at all costs as although very comfortable they offer no support for the foot at all.

She made an insert for me which I use most of the time, having to buy shoes that it will fit is not always easy.

I also took advice from my local independent outdoor clothing shop and on his advice I wear Grisport walking boots, an open toed sandle by Teva and a closed toe walking sandal by Keen.

If your condition is curable, maybe a temporary orthotic would be the best way forward otherwise you will end up with shoes you may not want to wear once the plantar fasciitis is over.

dragonfly46 Fri 02-Aug-19 11:17:25

There are some good socks on Ebay which help Plantar Vascilitis.

Nannytopsy Fri 02-Aug-19 11:58:25

My podiatrist put me onto Hotters and also an arch support for other shoes. I now wear hotters almost all the time.

RomyP Wed 07-Aug-19 10:24:43

I find Vionic shoes very helpful though they can be quite expensive. If buying ordinary shoes I buy a size larger and put insoles from a pair of Vionics inside them.