Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

T-Shirts!!!

(19 Posts)
StephLP Wed 07-Aug-19 10:52:17

A few years ago you could buy a t-shirt that fitted nicely in just under the waistband of a skirt - where have they all gone? All the t-shirts now are so long which is fine if you want to wear them with trousers but look ridiculous with a skirt. I've searched the shops, looked on the internet and they are all too long.

It's not like I'm small in height - 5' 4" feels fairly 'normal' but I'd need to be much taller for the t-shirts to feel the right length for skirts.

Was so excited to find an old version from M&S in a charity shop a few weeks ago - it fits perfectly!

Is it just me? smile

gillybob Wed 07-Aug-19 10:56:03

It’s not just you StephLP I too cannot find a tee shirt to wear with a skirt . I’m not particularly short (5ft 6”) and all the available tee shirts are way too long .

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who knows where to find some smile

Riverwalk Wed 07-Aug-19 11:07:06

Try these, they're great and I'm 5'2" and a bit.

I bought a few in different colours - they have stretch and my favourite 3/4 length sleeve.

M&S

GabriellaG54 Wed 07-Aug-19 11:10:57

Gap have some shorter ones as do Mantaray and so do Primark. They also have ones which tie at the front although you can undo the pre-tied knot.
Try Poetry. Their summer sale is on.

gillybob Wed 07-Aug-19 11:11:26

Can they be worn untucked River ? Would you suggest sizing up ( I note they say they are fitted) thanks x

Riverwalk Wed 07-Aug-19 11:23:17

Yes, can be worn untucked gilly and yes size up - being fitted gives a much better fit, so to speak, square t-shirts give me a boxy look as I'm such a shorty.

Teetime Wed 07-Aug-19 11:23:22

Try White Stuff good quality and some nice detailing. Also Fat Face.

RosieLeah Wed 07-Aug-19 11:27:10

I think they are intended to be worn with leggings, so they are really tunics rather than t-shirts.

dragonfly46 Wed 07-Aug-19 11:30:29

Being tall I prefer long T-shirts - and I never wear a skirt!

Callistemon Wed 07-Aug-19 11:47:37

I'm wearing a White Stuff one at the moment and it has stretched - and stretched - and stretched outwards! Such a pity as it was lovely at first, now only fit to wear to do the cleaning.

I will have to change before I go out

Callistemon Wed 07-Aug-19 11:48:13

I don't know why and stretched was crossed through

StephLP Wed 07-Aug-19 11:50:11

These look great! Thank you for the link. Can't wait to try them, smile

Chewbacca Wed 07-Aug-19 11:53:25

Sainsbury's Tu t shirts are excellent quality and fit me well and I also 5'4".

ginny Wed 07-Aug-19 12:01:12

StrNge, I find the opposite . Can never find long ones.

StephLP Wed 07-Aug-19 13:50:31

Chewbacca - I've some from Sainsbury's that are a few years old and they are a good length (but a bit worn out!). However, I tried a couple on last week in Sainsbury's and they are so loose at the bottom - so ok with trousers but just look baggy over skirts. Think I'll have to start 'tucking in' again!

ElaineI Wed 07-Aug-19 13:54:06

Got a couple of new ones from M&S this year and the neck is far too high. I am tallish and even on me the neck is well above the notch in my sternum and makes me feel like I am being strangled! I then got a couple from Sainsburys and they are fine.

Teetime Wed 07-Aug-19 15:33:38

Gap tee shirts are very good quality and longer which is fine for jeans but perhaps not skirts - they dont stretch or lose colour.

MiniMoon Wed 07-Aug-19 17:21:06

Bought my tee shirts from Bon Marche. I had to look through them all but found some really pretty ones.

Tartlet Wed 07-Aug-19 18:32:16

But I’ve had to have those I bought from Bon Marche shortened! It makes shirts very expensive and those from both M&S and BM are much poorer quality than a few years ago.

And unless a T shirt is quite loose at the bottom, long ones are not a good look unless you’re willowy slim.